CHECKLIST feature request: Make strikethrough of completed items optional

KellMerry

Idea

Currently, when you check off a checkbox as completed on an Evernote checklist, the entire line is grayed-out and struck- through.  This makes completed items really hard to read.

One often needs to be able to read the completed items, for example to confirm that an item was actually on a To Do checklist to begin with.  And it's frustrating trying to read through the pale, struck-through font.

I would suggest making the strikethrough formatting on checked-off boxes optional.

• Like 5

14 replies to this idea

• Level 5

EN has not shown any tendency to make stuff "optional" in the new app. Any option bloats the code of the app, and drives complexity up. I personally do not expect this to change, and a strikeout is probably not something they will waste an option on. My opinion as a user, not deeper insight.

If you want to reach out to EN, use the feedback function of the clients.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

If you have an Android 9 device then you do not have the new version of Evernote which only works with Android 10 and above. Checklists with strikethrough isn't available on the older version of the Evernote Android app.

• Like 1

Just moments ago, I downloaded the new version of Evernote on my Mac and found the option to disable strikethrough on completed items. THANK YOU! This may seem small, but it really makes a difference.

Uh oh, I just looked a little more and found that completed tasks still get the strikethrough. I hope you can remove that in the next update.

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

When you say 'You' you are actually talking to fellow users. Staff are not so often here.  If you want their attention best to submit a request via a support ticket via the settings menu in the mobile application.

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, rjmarshall17 said:

I, too, would like to see the strikethrough as an option.

A strikethrough for Tasks as mentioned by Ben Kovitz right..? (because for checklists it has already been added as noted above). Perhaps search for a thread (or start a new one) for it specifically for Tasks if that is what you meant.

I like the option to turn off/on the strike-through for checked items.  I was happy to see it for web edition.  However, I would request to save that settings for the next time I sign in to a new browser session.  I use it at work, and they have the computers refresh upon reboot, so any cookies and settings is lost.  That is why I use a web version, and I am working on an ubunto desktop.

14 hours ago, BruceD said:

I like the option to turn off/on the strike-through for checked items.  I was happy to see it for web edition.  However, I would request to save that settings for the next time I sign in to a new browser session.  I use it at work, and they have the computers refresh upon reboot, so any cookies and settings is lost.  That is why I use a web version, and I am working on an ubunto desktop.

At the top of the sidebar in the web version there is a gear icon which opens a setting screen which is pretty much the same as the desktop version. This includes the ability to strikethrough or not completed check list items. Is this not working?

• Like 1