Meeting notes - How do I?...

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Hello.

Does anyone know how to regenerate Evernote's auto-generated meeting note when a Google Calendar event is about to take place?

I have connected my Google Calendar to Evernote and in Evernote's Calendar settings, I have enabled "Pre-format notes I create from events".  As a result, when I have a meeting on my calendar, I get an advanced notification to the event with an option to take notes using an Evernote template. (MacOS)

I love this feature and take advantage of it.

However, there was an instance where I mistakenly did not take the option and recognizing the mistake, looked for a way to get a note from the template generated.  Since I could not find a way, I quickly created my own on the fly.

Does anyone know how to regenerate the note that Evernote generates for me when a Calendar event is coming up?  The template is not in my template gallery.

TIA.

-dvollc

• Solution
11 hours ago, dvollc said:

Does anyone know how to regenerate Evernote's auto-generated meeting note when a Google Calendar event is about to take place?

If youlook on your calendar in home there is an icon on the event. It works for future or past events.

image.png.1f0056274345dcc23b8318c300688048.png

Good deal @Mike P.  Good to know.

@agsteele, At first I thought..."Duh.  Why didn't I think of that!"  However, when I went to do what you suggest, the Save As Template choice is greyed out.  Looking further, I see it is greyed out on most - not all - of my notes. I looked through the forums for insight but did not find any.

Do you (or anyone) know the criteria that determines this situation?

3 minutes ago, dvollc said:

the Save As Template choice is greyed out

I just tried to create a template and it was also greyed out. I added a few headers and then deleted them and miraculously I can now save it as a template. Very strange.

Just as an aside, is there any way to change the format of the auto-generated calendar event note? I’d like to make a few layout tweaks to suit my work so that I don’t have to amend every time.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, rshd301 said:

Just as an aside, is there any way to change the format of the auto-generated calendar event note? I’d like to make a few layout tweaks to suit my work so that I don’t have to amend every time.

I'd doubt there's a way to change the automatic process,  but you could save maybe your own template (if you subscribe) and copy content from one to the other...