Notes missing when viewing by Tag

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

I have assigned a Tag to each and every one of my several thousand plus notes over the past five years.  Starting about a week ago, a problem arose: When using the Windows version of Evernote, each tag has notes dating back only a few weeks. Anything earlier is missing. This also happened about a year ago but it was fixed, presumably by tech at Evernote. Hope the tech people at Evernote pick up on it in this newest version.

Fortunately, Tags work well when I use Microsoft Edge or Firefox instead of the PC version of Evernotes. Has anyone seen this?  Is there a fix? Did I filter something inadvertently?

• Solution
5 hours ago, SunscreenAl said:

I have assigned a Tag to each and every one of my several thousand plus notes over the past five years.  Starting about a week ago, a problem arose: When using the Windows version of Evernote, each tag has notes dating back only a few weeks. Anything earlier is missing. This also happened about a year ago but it was fixed, presumably by tech at Evernote. Hope the tech people at Evernote pick up on it in this newest version.

Fortunately, Tags work well when I use Microsoft Edge or Firefox instead of the PC version of Evernotes. Has anyone seen this?  Is there a fix? Did I filter something inadvertently?

It's probably a local database problem. Quit the app using file -> quit and choose not to keep local files. If you don't get that option choose tools -> preferences and unclick "save data at logout". Then login again as normal.

• Level 5

If I remember it correctly there was a limit of 128 hits on earlier versions of EN v10. But it was lifted some releases ago. So I agree with @Mike P : Your local database has taken a shot and needs to be rebuild.

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
  • 2 months later...