is there a way to archive older notebooks

I've got to think that some of the sluggishness I have experienced with Evernote can be relieved by moving some of my older notebooks to some type of archive. I don't want to delete them but there really isn't a need to access them.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, der2014 said:

I've got to think that some of the sluggishness I have experienced with Evernote can be relieved by moving some of my older notebooks to some type of archive. I don't want to delete them but there really isn't a need to access them.

As a matter of interest,  device/ os/ en version/ number of notes?

• Level 5

If they are closed projects that will not get fresh stuff, you could think about a second account for archiving only. You open and keep it as free, but for doing the upload you buy a month of Personal. Export anything from your main account as ENEX files, and import it into the archive account. The downside: While on free, the attachments will not be easily searchable, if you relied on EN doing the OCR.

In general I don’t think the number of notes cause any „sluggishness“, but I could be wrong.

Maybe you report back here on your experience.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

In my humble opinion you can search for a better solution.

Beside this, EN currently only limits the upload, not the storage. If it would be (mis-)used to archive large quantities of data, this might become unsustainable.

The consequences would be bad for most users.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 10/19/2023 at 6:16 PM, Kenn1 said:

Is there a better method to archive large stacks?

Better than what?  It's not possible to archive a Stack,  but you can export the notebooks contained in one stack to ENEX files with suitable names like "ProjectOne-NotebookOne",  "ProjectOne-NotebookTwo" etc - or just have a zzz-Archive stack and add notebooks to that so they're easily excluded from searches.