How to import evernote files from cloud data?

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

The problem will be easier to describe in video, so I uploaded a youtube video to demonstrate the question.

Basicallly, I want to take back my evernote files.

1. I tried reinstalling, it still displays the same message.

2. I don't find a button on mobile to export its files so I can use it on PC.

3. Couldn't find a button on web version to export either.

4. Tried sharing on phone, but didn't receive files on my email. I don't know how the share thing works.

5. Can't use any function on PC evernote now. It seems that it can't function without database. 

6. It seems that this evernote has memory on this computer so it keeps trying to open the old path instead of establishing the new one. Is there anyway I can cut off its old path? Maybe.

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

From your video you seem to be working with the old version of Evernote rather than the new v10 product.

Your username and password combination should download the data from the cloud automatically. You should not need to do any import or export.

However, the Yingxiang product is not something I can speak to. I'm not even sure that the the Chinese data and the US versions have any interaction.

You might find it helpful to tell us which service you are using.

Standard approaches...

1. Be sure that you have the correct username and password for your account (it is easy to create a new one by mistake)

2. Uninstall all the Evernote programs

3. Reinstall the correct programs for your account - I'm not sure what you need for the Chinese product compared to the US.

4. Login with your correct credentials. Your cloud data should resync with your device. This can take sometime depending upon how much data you have.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Where to begin.

1. Go to Evernote.com and sign in with your user details.  You'll be able to see your notes on the server.
  2. You cannot export notes from the web app.
  3. Uninstall whatever Evernote installation you have on your SSD - if it was copied from your hard drive it's corrupted - hence the error messages.
  4. Reinstall Evernote from Evernote.com and again sign in with your user details.  Your database will download from the server.
  5. Once the new database is installed you'll be able to export to ENEX or HTML and save any attached files as required.

EDIT:  -and I didn't catch the Yingxiang connection.  Thanks @agsteele! - best advice:  try the above,  but if it doesn't work:  talk to Support!!

• Level 5

The Yingxiang splitawawy and everything run by Evernote Corporation has no connection any longer.

I would NEVER use a service where data (and be it a copy) would end up behind "The great Firewall", under complete transparency by the local authorities. There is NO service running in China to which the authorities do not hold master keys, rendering every encryption (except those done by the user himself) useless.

Who does not want anything like this should avoid to use ANY mainland China hosted apps or services on the same device or cloud accounts as anything running in the rest of the world.