Sort by title is messed up once again with the new update (Windows and Android)

I've created a 5-year diary in Evernote and painstakingly created a title for each note that begins with a number so...

1. October 15

2. October 16

3. October 17

Etc.

This allows me to sort by title and have my notes in chronological order from 1 - 365; however with the latest update, here's what I see: 

1. October 15

10. October 24

100. January 22

Who sorts this way??? Can this be fixed? I do want to clarify that it was working correctly but I think the latest update changed it to this order.

Thanks!

BTW, because I have a "free" account, this is the only way I have to submit a request like this so here I am. 

Edited by sukiejuhan
wanted to add clarification

Is there someone at Evernote who can provide a reply here? Not everyone is on Twitter -- I know shocking! Anyway, I know that even with Excel, if you treat a number as text, it will sort this way; however, if you treat it as a number, it sorts correctly. Also I have a vague memory of this bug being introduced before with another Evernote update (and yes, I will call this a bug).

If no one at Evernote cares to reply except to those with premium accounts or those whom have Twitter, I'll start looking for another option for my 5-year diary experiment. I thought Evernote was a good option but alas not if they can't even get sorting numbers correct. 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, sukiejuhan said:

If no one at Evernote cares to reply

This is a mainly user-driven forum.  Evernote very rarely react to an individual user post.  If you wish to use the software for some kind of experiment it might be a good idea to become a subscriber - Evernote do offer student discounts from time to time.  You can also use 'feedback' as noted above to contact them direct if you wish.

• Level 5

It is pretty obvious EN is treating titles and content as text, not as numbers. This explains the sorting experience. 1 is followed by 10 is followed by 100, and not by 2, 3 and so on.

I really don’t remember any EN version that treated numbers in text fields as numbers. 

Creating an own numbering concept for the notes is probably the only viable fix. The universal date format mentioned above is one possibility. If you need a different sequence, adapt the idea to your own system.

Beside these things are sort of garbled up anyhow: Why was a thread titled with „… Windows and Android“ located in the subforum for iOS ???

22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Beside these things are sort of garbled up anyhow: Why was a thread titled with „… Windows and Android“ located in the subforum for iOS ???

because the iOS folks are so helpful and patient 🙂

• Haha 2