All tasks disappeared :-(

I have the same problem, but I cannot see the tasks on the web app for Evernote Business. I get a spinning circle when I click on Tasks in the Windows 10 app. On the web, this message appears where I have a Task attached to a note:

This block is a placeholder for Tasks, which has been officially released on the newest version of Evernote and is no longer supported on this version. Deleting or moving this block may cause unexpected behavior in newer versions of Evernote.

9 minutes ago, Mike Gort said:

I have the same problem, but I cannot see the tasks on the web app for Evernote Business. I get a spinning circle when I click on Tasks in the Windows 10 app. On the web, this message appears where I have a Task attached to a note:

This block is a placeholder for Tasks, which has been officially released on the newest version of Evernote and is no longer supported on this version. Deleting or moving this block may cause unexpected behavior in newer versions of Evernote.

In my case tasks are working in the web app. Windows app shows only spinning wheel. Android app shows "Add you first task".

• Level 5

Make sure all apps run the latest version (10.20.4 desktop, 10.16 mobile).

First step: Log out of each client, back in.

For PC only:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Make sure all apps run the latest version (10.20.4 desktop, 10.16 mobile).

First step: Log out of each client, back in.

For PC only:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

Logging out and removing Evernote data solved the problem. Thanks for advice.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I upgraded to the Professional version yesterday for the ability to assign tasks. Today the one task I created and assigned is gone. I followed the procedure in the previous message. No joy. Thanks, Evernote.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same, all tasks vanished but the counter still showed the correct number of tasks.

When I tried to make a change to see if they would just appear again the task counter was cleared.

The only way to recover was to restore a note, but now I've lost all previous history from the recovery by using this new note. (History still on the old note).

Basically, it seems to be a display issue because the last version in history shows all the tasks...

Evernote seems to be getting worse and worse... 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here. Opened Evernote this morning and found all my tasks had been replaced by "Unknown task" ("Tâche sans titre" in the French version I'm using). This could not be more serious. All my work planning was organised through these tasks. I updated to the latest version of the software but this has changed nothing.

If Evernote cannot be trusted to keep our information then it is worse than useless, and we shall all stop paying out for it.

Any help, from anybody, would be very much appreciated.

Using Evernote 10.60.4 on Mac OS Ventura. 

• Evernote Expert

Hard to say exactly what the issue might be.

Have you tried checking in the web client? Chances are that will give you access to the tasks.

These types of issue are sometimes due to a corrupted note. In that case note history might restore the tasks. Or you could rebuild your local data. File, Sign Out, Remove Data. Log back in and your local data will be rebuilt.

The web client appears exactly the same. 

However I have now been able to access a previous version through "Note History". I apologise, but I had not previously been aware that this facility existed, otherwise I would have tried it before. Only your reference sent me scurrying to find out where this history could be.

So at least I am saved, as far as the work is concerned, even if we don't know what caused the problem.

But this is much! Thank you very much for your speedy help.

Federico,

Thanks for the proposition, but I had a warning about having to expunge sensitive information before sending Activity Logs. Presumably the latter contain only metadata, not the actual content of the notes? So I don't have to go through all the notes looking for anything that can't be shared...

OK. Thanks again agsteele. Now if someone could tell me how I'm supposed to DM the files to Simionato... I can't see any space in which to do so, anything to click on which gives me such an option... I could just add the files to this post, I suppose, but then wouldn't everyone be able to read them?

Hi Everyone,

Evernote has asked me to upgrade to Personal, but I already paid for it in March and deleted all my notes and tasks. What should I do? I was s about to buy the new updated version but I have now my doubts about Evernote as it failed me after everyone I have done. 

Help please