Not/slow loading of edited notes in shared notebooks

Hi all,

I was wondering if more people have problems with not (or extremely slow) loading notes in a shared notebook that have been edited by a colleague. For instance, if I changed something in a note (I am the notebook owner) and my colleague subsequently wants to check my adjustments, it takes ages to load the note. Sometimes it doesn't load at all. Then you have to force quit the application and then the edited note is shown quite fast. It appears to be a bug...(support told me). I am a bit confused that (to my knowledge) nobody is addressing this issue on this forum, as it is the main frustration in our company with the new Evernote. Anybody else experiencing this? I am a bit frustrated that this basic function is not working properly and it takes so much time apparently to fix this. The reason for posting this is to check whether this issue is known in the community and also to put some more urgency on fixing this! Best regards, Maarten

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

Are you talking about a notebook jointly used in a Teams setup (access via EN Spaces), or a classical shared notebook ?

No problem with my shares, usually changes update themselves within a few seconds, some minutes at most.

Posting in the forum will not produce any pressure - the forum is user2user. But thanks for the information, I am sure others may read it and see if they observe something similar.

Hi PinkElephant, thanks for reacting. In our company we havent switched to Teams yet. I am planning to if they are improving some of these bugs and will be rolling out more collaboration features likes simultaneously note editing. Anyway, we are using classic shared notebooks and not in spaces. Do the ones you share the notes with see your adjustments fast, or do you see your own adjustments fast? The problem is only apparent when others want to see/load my edited notes (in my shared notebook which I own). 

Support says it should not matter if you use Evernote Teams or not... But if it works through Spaces it would make a difference. Anyway, hopefully they fix it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As a private user I don’t have THAT much to share. But I share with my wife, and we have no trouble with the updates. They arrive really fast.

However in rare cases (could not make out a pattern) the download of some of my own notes just to another client took several minutes, in one case maybe even 30min. It was not an upload problem, the server had the changes quickly.

Did not happen since a while, so maybe they got it fixed. 

Teams is basically all about joint access. A Space just defines a number of notebooks to be accessed by a number of users. Sort of an Admin-controlled super sharing.

Maybe EN sales could arrange for a trial, and you simply find out how it works ?

I have the same problem. As much as I do like the new Evernote, it is a huge problem that it is not possible to edit a note as long as someone you shared it with has the note still open. That used to be possible in the old Evernote. Very annoying.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JeanVis said:

as someone you shared it with has the note still open

Hi.  I think the issue being raised here is about notes which have been edited by another user,  but aren't necessarily still open on their system.  In either case it makes sense to update the note from the server to make sure that the account on which it is currently open has the latest version,  and that any new changes won't overwrite anything added by the other person involved.  Google Docs (IMHO) is better at this sort of thing than Evernote anyway...

• Level 5

The mutual lock is there because EN is always syncing - if more than 1 copy is open, syncing conflicts happen.

As posted, use a Link to a more robust cloud service. GDocs, MS Office and Apple Works allow for distributed editing, among others.