Tables expand by themselves WAY past the edge of the screen

• Level 5*

I set up a recipe template for my wife which basically a table.  It worked fine on the web client until today.  Not sure when this occured, but now when the recipe appears on the screen the table columns start expanding by themselves until most of the recipe is off screen to the right.  

The table columns really start expanding by themselves.  Anyone else seeing anything like this?

• Level 5

Maybe the recipe is for 4 persons, and you invited 12. So the recipe was extended 🌶️🌶️🌶️        😂

No, I haven’t observed anything like this. On the other hand I rarely use the web client. Ideas :

• Isn’t there an option for tables „Fit screen width“ ?
  • Disable in Account settings, Personal the checkbox for v10+
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Just tried myself to enter the WebClient from my iPad.

Working for me, the usual login time, nothing suspicious.

Thanks for trying - I'm guessing it's something to do with my VPN or my (Linux) laptop needs a restart...  I just wanted to look something up!  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Uhhhh, you have the NSA at your heels ?

From at home I avoid the VPN - creates a singular point through which all of my traffic is passed. Even if they promise no snooping / no logs …

VPN is for me when I am outside of my home network, either through a VPN service or by calling home (self hosted WireGuard VPN) and entering the web through my home connection.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe the recipe is for 4 persons, and you invited 12. So the recipe was extended 🌶️🌶️🌶️        😂

No, I haven’t observed anything like this. On the other hand I rarely use the web client. Ideas :

• Isn’t there an option for tables „Fit screen width“ ?
  • Disable in Account settings, Personal the checkbox for v10+

Got me, I seldom use the web client either.  But it would seem "Fit to screen"  would keep all the table on the screen as opposed to shoving 2/3 off the screen.  And it does it incrementally, slowly expanding the column.  Drag it back and it expands again. 

The web client WAS as an easy way to copy/paste a note into her EN account from my machine, no reason to visit hers.  It's worked fine in the past.  But today, FUBAR.  It's been a while since I did one of these so who knows which version popped the pooch.  What gets me is I did nothing different from before.  Copy from my note, add note in web version for her account, paste.  Not rocket science. 

• Like 1

I'm web only, and see this quite often; usually in complex-ish tables; with merged cells and / or images which have been resized.

It's worrying, of course, but quite fun to watch, as the table cells s...l...o...w...l...y shuffle across the page. 

Setting tables to note width / set to window width doesn't seem to have any effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
33 minutes ago, sch01ar said:

I'm web only, and see this quite often; usually in complex-ish tables; with merged cells and / or images which have been resized.

It's worrying, of course, but quite fun to watch, as the table cells s...l...o...w...l...y shuffle across the page. 

Setting tables to note width / set to window width doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Is this a recent behavior?  It was probably a month or more since the last time I pasted a table into EN Web, when it actually worked.

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Is this a recent behavior? 

I only came back to EN a few weeks ago, so it's all recent to me! I first noticed it last week. It's far from the most annoying bug I'm seeing and I can't face putting in another ticket. For example, in the time between this post and my last one; the ctrl-q  task switcher has stopped working 😕  Is anyone else seeing this?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I don't have any skin in this game,  but there's a table setting to 'match note width' and a web note setting in the three-dots menu to match note window or maximize readability - could some combination of those settings be causing an issue?

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

I don't have any skin in this game,  but there's a table setting to 'match note width' and a web note setting in the three-dots menu to match note window or maximize readability - could some combination of those settings be causing an issue?

Sounds legit! It does look like a feature - trying to correct something it thinks is wrong - rather than an actual bug. My theory is it has something to do with merging cells in multiple directions. In Nicksomename's video - this is getting like Goal of the Week now - you can see he's used both vertically and horizontally merged cells. I've stuck to simple tables since and had no problems, but it's a very trippy bug when it happens.

• Like 1