Sending emails to Evernote results in arbitrary Notebook & Tag assignments

So, I'm trying to set a default notebook to send work emails into.  I'll typically BCC my EN email address to all of my emails. Well, it just randomly picks different notebooks to put them in.  Then, I have to go find them and manually put them in the correct folder. 

It's one of the main reasons that I have used EN for 7 years but I'm getting tired of it and may consider leaving.  Customer support wasn't helpful with this problem and directed me here.  

Thanks!!!

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, pibrew said:

Well, it just randomly picks different notebooks to put them in.

Did you specify auto-file in your account settings?

4F4C4CDF-1AB8-4394-B388-8C6AB1955C31.jpeg

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, pibrew said:

Yes, it is checked.  Thanks for responding

Mine is not checked and all my emails end up in my default notebook as desired. Surely checking it is giving EN permission to put it where it likes!

Also worth checking from the notebook view that your default notebook is still defined.

In the last few weeks I noticed that when forwarding emails to my Evernote account, they end up getting filed in arbitrary Notebooks and get assigned arbitrary Tags. In the past, when I forwarded an email to Evernote it would not get assigned to any Notebooks or have arbitrary tags assigned to it. I never bothered figuring out how to edit the subject line to have them auto-categorized (or whatever Evernote call this feature) and found it easier to later edit them in Evernote and file them in Notebooks and add tags manually. Is there a way to stop Evernote from auto-filing emails forwarded to Evernote? 

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, philrodo said:

Is there a way to stop Evernote from auto-filing emails forwarded to Evernote? 

As per my response above, check your auto-file settings

• Like 1