Evernote for Windows- Tags are not up to date

Using the newest version of Evernote's Windows app (on a brand spanking new Windows computer that has the most current version of Windows), I looked up all the notes with a certain tag. The most recent was two months old. However, I knew that I added additional notes with this tag during the past two months. I logged into Evernote on the cloud using Firefox. There they were. But not in the Windows version.

I screen clipped an example. The tag is called Health. You can see the notes in the Windows version are not up to date, whereas the Firefox cloud version works just fine.

Good luck.

Windows.PNG

Firefox.PNG

• Level 5*

If you have literally just set up the new version on the new laptop,  it could be that the indexing was not yet complete when you tried this search.  Maybe give it another try tomorrow to confirm the tags are missing in Windows?

49 minutes ago, SunscreenAl said:

I looked up all the notes with a certain tag.

I assume from the results screen that you did this by filtering for the tag - eg by using the filter menu or by clicking the tag in the sidebar. I think  filtering is done locally so as @gazumpedsays there will be a time lag until all the notes are downloaded.

If you search for the tag. ie type

tag:Health

into the search bar this will search on the server and should give you the same results as the web version.

• Like 2

Hi Mike.  By "brand new", I mean about 6 weeks. I've had several Evernote for Windows updates during that time. The Windows version of Evernote doesn't have any notes after June if viewing by Tag rather than by Notebook. But the notes themselves are in the Windows version of Evernote. Here's how I know: If I look at the notebook itself without restricting the view to the Tag option, they are all there. The Tag view is the issue. This is not the case when I use Firefox and login to my account. On Firefox, the Tag views  are perfect.

• Level 5

In this case something may be wrong with your Windows client.

As a first step, go to the app settings and disable „Keep data on leaving …“. Then log out of EN in the app, quit it, restart the PC.

Open the app, log in and set the „Keep data …“ again.Nowleave it open to give it some time to recover the data. 

Try again if it works now.

If not it is uninstalling the app, using something like Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces. Restart the PC, then get the client from the EN website and install it.

4 hours ago, SunscreenAl said:

Hi Mike.  By "brand new", I mean about 6 weeks. I've had several Evernote for Windows updates during that time. The Windows version of Evernote doesn't have any notes after June if viewing by Tag rather than by Notebook. But the notes themselves are in the Windows version of Evernote. Here's how I know: If I look at the notebook itself without restricting the view to the Tag option, they are all there. The Tag view is the issue. This is not the case when I use Firefox and login to my account. On Firefox, the Tag views  are perfect.

Did you try my search suggestion?