Google Calendar, and how do I get it working?

I've connected my google calendar to Evernote and there are some issues with it. 

First of all it shows calendars in there that I have deleted a long time ago. I have no Idea why it pops up but its mildy infuriating. 

Second, I still don't know how it works? Does my calendar events show up in my Evernote calendar? Can I specify to which calendar I can sync my events? I am using a Gsuite account as my calendar. 

And finally I still I have no option to insert an event into my calendar. (its grayed out)

Can someone help me out?

Screenshot 2021-07-23 064505.jpg

• Evernote Expert

You cannot add a calendar entry from within Evernote. What you can do is view your Google calendar from the Calendar widget and link notes to a particular event. Those notes are not available from with Google - just within Evernote. If there are extinct calendars listed then that will be an issue with Google which is telling Evernote that they exist.  Explore your Google calendar account and ensure that these old calendars are really removed from your account.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, agsteele said:

Explore your Google calendar account and ensure that these old calendars are really removed from your account.

Additionally, within Evernote there is a choose calendars option so if you have multiple Google calendars you can select here which ones to show.

For some reason my Google Calendar is not displaying all my calendars within the EV integration. My primary calendar is missing from both my Google Workspace and Personal account. I disconnected and reconnected Calendar integration in Evernote. I have the new professional plan. I am not sure why this is happening. Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Additionally, within Evernote there is a choose calendars option so if you have multiple Google calendars you can select here which ones to show.

This is pronlem I am facing - i cannt select which calendar to display. 

2 hours ago, EdwardDarrah said:

For some reason my Google Calendar is not displaying all my calendars within the EV integration. My primary calendar is missing from both my Google Workspace and Personal account. I disconnected and reconnected Calendar integration in Evernote. I have the new professional plan. I am not sure why this is happening. Any thoughts?

I have also tried re-logging (both from web and desktop and re-connecting) but issue persists

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, The Ubiquitou sAnomaly said:

This is pronlem I am facing - i cannt select which calendar to display. 

I have also tried re-logging (both from web and desktop and re-connecting) but issue persists

If you have the new Professional level then raise a support ticket. If you are a Personal account user then I believe you can only connect one calendar.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, devarni said:

For me Google blocked Evernote if I try to link to the Google Calendar, because Evernote has attempted to access sensitive data in my Google Account.
Seems to be the calednar app needs a bit more work?

Have the same problem, any solution?

• Evernote Expert

If it is recent, note the announcement at the top of these forums in a red bar...

We are aware of an issue preventing some customers from connecting to our Google Calendar and Google Drive integrations. We are actively working with Google to resolve this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, carlosgm said:

This widget does not work for me, it does not update

Assuming you are on the Personal plan and not the free plan.

Exit Evernote and select the option to remove your data. When you log back in that should rebuild your data and the widget should work.

• Like 1
hace 15 horas, agsteele dijo:

Assuming you are on the Personal plan and not the free plan.

Exit Evernote and select the option to remove your data. When you log back in that should rebuild your data and the widget should work.

Thank you for answer. 

Where is the option for remove my data? I have deleted all browser history, revoke all devices and disconnected and reconnected all google services but the problem persist.

Platform: Google chrome browser

Notes:
- I'm using the default google calendar named "Events".

- Evernote updates the calendar widget but after 5-10 minutes approximately.

Thank you

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, carlosgm said:

Where is the option for remove my data? I have deleted all browser history, revoke all devices and disconnected and reconnected all google services but the problem persist.

Platform: Google chrome browser

Notes:
- I'm using the default google calendar named "Events".

- Evernote updates the calendar widget but after 5-10 minutes approximately.

Hi @carlosgm,

I am somewhat confused by your questions.  Because you raised you raised this in the 'Evernote for Windows Issues (Versions 10.0 and above)' area I had started by assuming that you are using the the Windows v10 application.  However, now, you refer to the Google chrome browser so could you be using the web interface rather than the Windows application? Since you say you have deleted all your browser history I'm guessing you are using the web browser interface.

Also, initially, you said that "This widget does not work for me, it does not update" but now you say that the widget does update but only after 5-10 minutes.

Let's see what I can say...

In the Windows desktop application: Sign Out and select Remove my Evernote data from this device. When you sign back in the data is rebuilt. In the browser version you do not have this option since you are connecting directly to the server and nothing is stored on your device.

I'm pleased that the widget has started to work for you. The delay is normal. The refresh of the widget is not instant so 5-10 minutes would, I think, be about what you should expect.

hace 6 horas, agsteele dijo:

Hi @carlosgm,

I am somewhat confused by your questions.  Because you raised you raised this in the 'Evernote for Windows Issues (Versions 10.0 and above)' area I had started by assuming that you are using the the Windows v10 application.  However, now, you refer to the Google chrome browser so could you be using the web interface rather than the Windows application? Since you say you have deleted all your browser history I'm guessing you are using the web browser interface.

Also, initially, you said that "This widget does not work for me, it does not update" but now you say that the widget does update but only after 5-10 minutes.

Let's see what I can say...

In the Windows desktop application: Sign Out and select Remove my Evernote data from this device. When you sign back in the data is rebuilt. In the browser version you do not have this option since you are connecting directly to the server and nothing is stored on your device.

I'm pleased that the widget has started to work for you. The delay is normal. The refresh of the widget is not instant so 5-10 minutes would, I think, be about what you should expect.

Thank you for answer

I'm sorry I did not realize, my platform is web.

I thought the widget was useless because I expected the update to be immediate, it would be convenient if the update was faster. 

• Level 5

Everything that runs on a browser depends on that browsers refresh cycle. When it does not detect a change or new request, it won’t refresh. It stays idle after it had delivered a page to save data volume.

As long as you don’t refresh it, it shows content from the local cache, not from the server.

Each browser has a way to refresh the page. Do it, and the wait should be over in a blink.

hace 21 minutos, PinkElephant dijo:

Everything that runs on a browser depends on that browsers refresh cycle. When it does not detect a change or new request, it won’t refresh. It stays idle after it had delivered a page to save data volume.

As long as you don’t refresh it, it shows content from the local cache, not from the server.

Each browser has a way to refresh the page. Do it, and the wait should be over in a blink.

The widget does not update even if you refresh the browser.

sometimes it does not update the events even hours after it has been updated in google calendar

On 26/10/2021 at 10:45, PinkElephant dijo:

Another BUG: sometimes if you create an event in google calendar, it is shown in evernote's calendar widget but repeated in 2 diferent days (only in evernote's calendar widget). The problem is when you set the event time with "all day"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
On 10/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, carlosgm said:

Another BUG: sometimes if you create an event in google calendar, it is shown in evernote's calendar widget but repeated in 2 diferent days (only in evernote's calendar widget). The problem is when you set the event time with "all day"

I seem to recall a similar issue when Calendars were in beta. Have you raised a support ticket?

7 hours ago, pibrew said:

My calendar on EV is just grayed out.  I don't think this is ready for prime time. 

If you can describe how you have been attempting to connect you calendar we might be able to suggest a solution. Calendars work as inteneded for those that are using the function although it does have limitations that I suspect are being worked upon.

Rember, 'We' is other users but we're usually happy to pitch in with a solution if one is known.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2021 at 2:29, agsteele dijo:

I seem to recall a similar issue when Calendars were in beta. Have you raised a support ticket?

If you can describe how you have been attempting to connect you calendar we might be able to suggest a solution. Calendars work as inteneded for those that are using the function although it does have limitations that I suspect are being worked upon.

Rember, 'We' is other users but we're usually happy to pitch in with a solution if one is known.

I have replaced evernote task and calendar by other app. Thank you for your interest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/23/2021 at 11:33 PM, EdwardDarrah said:

I have the same issue with some calendars (the ones I need) just don't show up when I add the account.