How to scan by iOS in PDF?

• Level 5

You can’t, and it is a logical decision for a simple scanning function.

The pictures rest in the note, you can add text to them and edit them in other ways which would not work if wrapped in a pdf.

If you want a neat format and smaller pictures,  add a table to the note and place the pictures into it. Table editing was added to EN iOS with v10.

The EN OCR will work on all text, but for handwriting only in pictures, not in a pdf.

If you want a pdf, you can download the free Scannable app from EN. It has a choice of pdf or png and saves into EN, or to the device.

I use the SwiftScan app and I upload all documents as pdf's to an import folder in Dropbox.  When I open EN it imports all of the designated files.

I could share up to Evernote directly, but using the import folder is a lot easier. I am using the EN legacy app.  I don't know if it's working on V10.

SwiftScan is a great app.  It is almost a good alternate to EN. It keeps all your docs local on your phone and you have the option of saving your stuff to the cloud of your choice. The search engine is excellent and you can encrypt the pdf before you send to the cloud.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Import folders are available for the desktop clients. In the description it says „a folder on your computer“, which does not sound as if a plain cloud storage will be supported as an import folder.

But you can give it a try.