New Tasks : access the note ( containing the task) from the due date view doesn't work ( in iOs / iPados )

Claudiofpiga

Idea

Hi ,  has anybody seen the same problem ?  from the due date view in  iOs / iPados ,  the note can't be accessed .

In the Windos app works fine,  from the By Note view,  the note can be click and it opens  ,  but from the By Due Date ,  not.

Thanks 

Claudio 

• Like 1

13 replies to this idea

I also have this bug since 10.12 update. 

clicking on the note link within due date tasks view opens ‘select a note for this task’ instead of showing the note itself. 

the app also sometimes freezes / crashes after this action. 

• Thanks 1

But the activity log contains too much info.  I am not willing to send to them.

"The activity log also contains information about your account, your device, and your location information (if enabled). The titles of your notes, tags, notebooks, attached files, and, if your account was having network syncing errors, some of your note content, may also be contained in the activity log."

• Level 5

Up to you, I understand the privacy issue. What they most of the time do is looking what OS and app version you are running. You can simply tell it in your ticket.

If they really need the activity log for another reason ask them to explain. If it is important to you as well, you can download and edit it.

It is a text file, readable (well, some geektalk), so delete what you want and send the purged file. Some work, so decide for yourself if it is worth it.

• Ex Employees

We ask for the activity log because it provides us a way to understand in detail what the app was doing when you experienced a problem.  All the geektalk that's included in it lets us understand what parts of the code were executing and whether the app was encountering problems internally, all of which are useful clues to help us isolate an underlying issue.  Yes, activity logs can contain some private information - which is why we explicitly point that out.  You are more than welcome to review the activity log before you send it out to see if you are comfortable with it, or to delete note names etc.  I should observe that if you delete whole lines or sections from the activity log, you're probably rendering it useless for us - because we won't be able to follow the execution of the app through the missing lines or gaps.  Ultimately, without activity logs to analyze alongside user reports, it is usually virtually impossible for us to diagnose technical issues that users are encountering.

At the same time, not all issues require activity logs.  If you are contacting us to ask about a UX/design problem, rather than some sort of unexpected, inconsistent or faulty behaviour in the app itself, then a series of well-chosen screenshots can probably serve to illustrate your point.  You may want to blur out parts of those screenshots if they contain private information.  But in these cases, the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is 100% true.  Send us pictures of what you're talking about, highlighting the issue you're facing, and we might be able to either help you through the problem, or at least say that what you're experiencing isn't expected - and that to diagnose the problem further, we'll need an activity log.

To this latter point, I'm completely sure that the original comment up top has a real and meaningful set of feedback in it, but I'm not actually sure what's being talked about.  A couple of pictures comparing the version-that-works-as-expected with the version-that-doesn't would go a long way.

Back to lurking
ian

@Ian Small: I've attached a quick video of this behavior with iPados : you'll see, when trying to  open the note containing the task from the due date view,  it's not opening the note . Only giving the option to change the notebook (  with the note view it works great)

it's a behavior frm iOs and iPados,  with the Windoes EN app it works great 

I've already submitted my Log with my ticket 

I really appreciated your involvement ;  for myself , this task feature is a game changer ( adding productivity toeh the notes taking plattform .

Claudio 

• Ex Employees

@Claudiofpiga Thanks for the video - it helps me see (and understand) exactly what you're talking about.

I suspect the issue is the relatively small size of the "note name" target as it appears in this view.  (Targets on touchscreens need to be relatively larger because of fingers are less precise pointing devices than mouse- or trackpad-driven pointers.)  But I agree that there should be a way to get to the note in some way from this view.  Not sure whether this is easily achieved or not, but happy to look into it.

Back to lurking
ian

• Thanks 2