Give us an option to see NOTES by default (like it used to be)

randbrown

Idea

EN has gotten too bloated.  I just want to launch the app and see my notes right there.  No need for "Home" or "Good morning" or any of that other stuff.  I tend to use EN to quickly jot down things in a meeting or at the store.  Having to manually navigate to NOTES every time is too awkward.  Please give us an option to simply launch into NOTES as the default on startup.

6 replies to this idea

I just want to second the request for an option to open the Evernote Web application to NOTES by default.  I don't use the home screen and would prefer to simply bypass it by default. 

1 hour ago, randbrown said:

EN has gotten too bloated.  I just want to launch the app and see my notes right there.  No need for "Home" or "Good morning" or any of that other stuff.  I tend to use EN to quickly jot down things in a meeting or at the store.  Having to manually navigate to NOTES every time is too awkward.  Please give us an option to simply launch into NOTES as the default on startup.

It would be helpful to say which platform you are using. I'm guessing from the context it is a mobile device. In general it seems to be easier to bypass the home screen in the desktop or web versions 😞.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

odds of them are for tossing away tens of thousands of recent development hours?

Just requesting the option; nothing is being "thrown away"     
I added my vote

• Level 5

This is an open discussion - valid arguments on both sides.

Personally I am waiting until Tasks have left the early release status, and (hopefully) a tasks widget is available for Home.

This could be an actual game changer for this view. And an important argument to consider subscribing, by the way. Because both the full feature set of Tasks and the adaptation of Home Widgets is reserved to subscribers, as far as we know today.