10.4.4 the latest Windows version?

• Level 5*

The new versions go out as "phased releases" - they'll be available on a timescale to suit Evernote.  The latest release will be downloadable from Evernote.com and could be installed "over the top" of your existing app.  Personally I prefer to sync and uninstall older versions first,  then download and install a new one.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Personally I prefer to sync and uninstall older versions first,  then download and install a new one.

I've been using Evernote daily since 2008. My preference is to sit on the sidelines and watch for positive user forum-comments for a month or more before installing the newest version. I have not tried the uninstall / install technique. I am up to 65,000 notes on 2 Evernote accounts.

What are the advantages / safeguards of a uninstall old version / install new version?

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

What are the advantages / safeguards of a uninstall old version / install new version?

For clarity - I'm not advocating this for the switch to v10,  that was meant as a general comment regarding the benefits of a clean install vs an 'upgrade' install,  where sometimes older log and config files can have an adverse effect on the performance of the new installation.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Some of the earlier releases of Evernote version 10 failed to update automatically. Download the latest version and install it manually over the top of the existing version and you should be good to go.

• Like 1