I used to really love Evernote

I've been a customer since 2008.

For many years, Evernote was a great tool for me. I've got a huge library of notes from many companies, many research efforts, many personal projects.

Lately, though, I've come to really, really dislike it.

It doesn't work.

It crashes all the time. The desktop app shows me a blank screen for no apparent reason. The mobile app crashes or doesn't sync. It hangs. It wants to update. It cannot open a note in a separate window.

I read in the various release notes about all the fancy new features the Evernote team is proudly working on.

But for me, the core product just doesn't work.

So I'm counting on it less, relying on it less, and really starting to contemplate finding a new tool that's reliable.

C'mon Evernote team. Back to basics. Make the core product work reliably.

My Daily Evernote Experience.png

27 minutes ago, mcoble said:

But for me, the core product just doesn't work.

As you are a premium member you should raise a support ticket with EN giving as much detail as possible as to what the problems are. For me EN V10 is certainly different, is still missing a few features which I miss from the legacy, is sometimes slower and frequently takes more clicks to achieve something but it does work such that I rarely use the legacy nowadays.

@gazumped I appreciate the advice, but as a long-time paying customer, my expectation is that the current product work fully and smoothly. A couple bumps along the way would be OK, but it's failing for me nearly. every. single. day. If the product isn't tested and ready, it shouldn't be available.

@Mike P You're right I should submit a support ticket. However, much of what I'm reading is that the issues I'm seeing are pretty pervasive for many users, so I would think (and hope) that the Evernote product team is aware and working on it.

I also have to imagine that my Evernote clients (macOS and iOS) are firing messages back to the Evernote team about the crashes, errors, etc. I'm seeing. So they should be aware and looking into it already, no? Moreover, a good customer experience could see them reaching out to me to learn more and help stabilize my experience. But I've heard nothing from them.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, mcoble said:

my expectation is that the current product work fully and smoothly

The "current product" (v10) is a work in progress    
In the initial release notes, Evernote advised users to continue using the Legacy product if there's an impact to workflow   
I chose to use the Legacy product and not participate in the v10 development

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, mcoble said:

a good customer experience could see them reaching out to me to learn more and help stabilize my experience. But I've heard nothing from them.

Hi.  Like @DTLow I'm firmly attached to the pre-v10 version of the app for the forseeable future.  It works as well as it always has and I'm used to its occasional quirks.

As to reaching out to clients,  Evernote have more users than most countries have population,  and are probably buried under crash reports.  Pro-actively reaching out is not an option.  If you contact them by support request on a specific issue,  they'll respond directly.