Keyboard Shortcut - for "Attach File"

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Something like Phrase Express can be used to automate actions though.

Unless I'm being blind there isn't even a menu option to attach a file. It relies completely on drag and drop.

• Level 5

Just looked it up on the Mac client, which is very close to Windows.

No menu option, no shortcut found.

What does work is that when I copy a file from the Finder (= Explorer) with cmd-c (ctrl-c), and click into a note, it pastes the file with cmd-v (ctrl-v). So it is not entirely mouse work.

• Like 1

Thank you. 

So. This said to Evernote: I am studying Webinars. Taking notes in Evernote and making screenshots from the webinar. So during a webinar I take between 20 and 50 screenshots and import them into my Evernote-page. It woudl be good to have a keyboard-shortcut for "attach file" (screenshot)

Thank you

• Level 5

Yes, a shortcut would be nice.

The forum is user to user. If you want to send the idea directly to EN, you can use the feedback function build into the clients (no response), or issue a support ticket (with response).

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Jupitersbay said:

So during a webinar I take between 20 and 50 screenshots and import them into my Evernote-page.

You don't say how you take the screenshots or what platform you are using. On a desktop most screen capture apps have the option of adding the capture to the clipboard. I then just paste (ctrl-V) that directly into EN.

12 hours ago, Mike P said:

You don't say how you take the screenshots or what platform you are using. On a desktop most screen capture apps have the option of adding the capture to the clipboard. I then just paste (ctrl-V) that directly into EN.

12 hours ago, Mike P said:

you can also use alt ctrl-v to paste into a new note and merge the notes later on

Hi there,

the idea, that the screenshot-tool - in this case Greenshot - is copying a picture to the clipboard is great and a real gamechanger. 
The only problem with Greenshot at the moment is, that it is taking a picture (part of a screen from Chrome) but then it does not

copy the screenshot into EN but the Domain-adress ... Hmmm...