Plans to restore the ability to disable auto-formatting?

rnadams2

Idea

I sometimes begin lines of text with numbers, or number the lines out of consecutive order. I know I can type Ctrl-z to undo the formatting, but to do that for every instance is just not feasible in my situation. Are there plans to restore the ability to disable auto-formatting?

• Like 2

9 replies to this idea

Many of the Preferences, as Disable Autoformatting need to be restored.

The new Evernote is not useful. It takes too much time for me to manually "fix" autoformatting, especially auto-bulleted lists.

Also, I want to see timestamps on my notes. This is removed in both the Note sidebar list as well as the note header itself. I should not have to open the Note Details to view the time of the note update.

Also, why remove the down arrow on the Notebook name in the sidebar that brought up the list of notebooks that had the Most Recent group at the top. 2 good features were lost in one fell swoop. Bad decision.

8-year User, ready to go elsewhere. Evernote is too annoying, and the Help does not offer any suggestions.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rnadams2 said:

I sometimes begin lines of text with numbers, or number the lines out of consecutive order. I know I can type Ctrl-z to undo the formatting, but to do that for every instance is just not feasible in my situation. Are there plans to restore the ability to disable auto-formatting?

I just either don't put a period after the number of I hit back space which is easier than ctrl-Z

• Level 5

As the new editor was build and honed over 3 years to what we have today, it is IMHO very unlikely it will be changed in its basics (like predefined fonts, auto formatting and standard styles) any time soon.

Just accept it as it is, revert to legacy or switch to another note app.

Everything else IMHO is wishful thinking, leading nowhere.

• Level 5
16 hours ago, Kapalbhati said:

Hello,

It would be great to have the ability to disable auto formatting in the new client (10.x)
It is very irritating to use Ctrl+Z all the time.

Welcome to the forums. Many people are in agreement with this. A user has started a comprehensive table of desired improvements. You can check here to see whether this is already on the list; if not, you can ask him to add it: