constantly facing unnecessary spacing  issue regarding copy and paste from pdf file

hello i am constantly facing unnecessary spacing  issue regarding copy and paste from pdf file (everything is ok when i copy and pace it from any webpage the problem is with pdf file). Every time i have to edit each line of the paragraph to come to the correct format .its taking a toll of my time and energy. please help.

i follow the below tips but that doesn't work for me 

To remove imbedded spacing after copying/pasting into a note:
  1. Highlight all the text you want single spaced.
  2. In the top Evernote menu bar go to Format - Simplify Formatting or Make Plain Text. Both work.
  3. Done!

this does not work.

please help. this is  too important to me because i have a lot of notes to make.

3 hours ago, Ajhk said:

i am constantly facing unnecessary spacing  issue regarding copy and paste from pdf file

Copying and pasting text from a pdf is a nightmare not really of Evernote's making! It tends to be a problem wherever you paste the text. Also pdfs are all different. I don't normally have your particular issue but I do have the issue of line returns hard coded into the end of each line.

The only solution I know of is to paste the text into a really good text editor (like Notepad++ on Windows) and then use the tools in there to identify and remove the control characters which are giving you the problem. You can then paste into EN. Once you have done it once it's quite easy because you know what the issue is and can quickly do a "replace all".

image.png.1a906602a017b2bfcaf4fc9cd4720d5f.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Ajhk said:

please help.

Hi.  You somehow created this post twice.  I deleted the other instance - if you are aware of errors when you post,  please do clear up after!

• Evernote Expert

I'd agree with @Mike P. I've occasionally experienced the issue you describe although I just tested with four or five PDF's and none gave a problem with extra spaces.

What is very common is that the pasted text has line breaks where they would fall in the PDF. This is entirely a function of the copy from the PDF. Mike suggests a note editor.  I do the tidying in Word where I created a macro which does all the tidying up for me.  First it replaces all paragraph breaks with @@ then it replaces all the line breaks with a space character and then goes back and replaces @@ with a paragraph break (double carriage return). Copy and paste the text into the note.

Alternatively just attach the PDF into the note and work with it from there as and when you need it.

• Like 1