I can't move a note to another notebook in de the new 10.5 app

Besides from being pretty slow, one basic feature of the app is not working: moving a note to another notebook. It only offers to make a new notebook and doesn't show the list of notebooks. Not even when I start typing a notebook. Does anyone else has this too? Please fix.

• Level 5

Nothing to fix here:

In iOS 10.5 (new Android is similar), select the note, hit the 3 dots top right, and select Move Note from the dropdown menu.

Or simply tap on the current notebook top center. A little menu will show, with just 2 options: Go to that notebook, or move the note to another notebook.

All the steps you mention work at my app too, but the problem starts after that. I can't select my notebooks. I can only chooce 'new notebook'. You should expect a dropdown list with your notebooks, but that doesn't appear.

• Level 5

Maybe it is not just you, but this is not how it should be.

If I were you, I would issue a support ticket, and maybe send them your video.

Most likely they will ask you to uninstall and reinstall first (this is probably the first thing they propose when an installation seems to have an issue).

On another issue, I send a support ticket today, and received an answer after a few hours only. So this is a good option again if one has a problem.

I have the same problem running Evernote 10.5 on Android. The only thing that shows on the Move Note screen is Find Notebook and New Notebook. There is no list of notebooks, even after more than 10 minutes. Putting the notebook name in the find field doesn't produce any results. The Done option is grayed out. The only thing that works is cancelling. The only way to get the note into the correct notebook is to create it and then remember to move it the next time I'm on the desktop computer or navigate to the desired notebook before creating the note. The whole app is extremely slow and not very usable because of other issues. I want the old app back.

I did it from my app. Settings - support. They replied quickly. The answer I received this morning was an instruction with the standard steps to move a note to another folder. Ofcourse I already did those steps and they didn't work. Do you have a OnePlus 5 too?

image.png.6feb592c5f859f9950104029991c35ce.png

I understand your notebooks are not listed as destination when you are moving notes. I can confirm that this is an issue we are aware of. While I don't have a definite time frame on when this will be addressed, please keep an eye out for future updates.

Above is the response I got to this issue in my support ticket.

Today I received a solution from tech support and it worked for me: 

"Our investigations are indicating that many of the issues we are seeing with notebook performance are related to the default notebook on the account. To confirm if this is the case, please log into your account on the desktop web version of Evernote at www.evernote.com. Once logged in, please change the default notebook from its current one to a new one. Once done, log back into your account on Android and try and move a note again.

It worked after I logged out my Android app and logged in again. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

It seems that this function is now redundant. You can use the 3 dots at the top to achieve what you want, but the drop down function no longer works. It's probably a symptom of lazy programming/too many updates.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...