Certain Shortcuts Not Working

I've just updated to the newest version (10.6.9) and certain shortcuts do not work, most notably for me Ctrl + I (for italics) and Ctrl + B (for bold), but other shortcuts like Ctrl + U do work...

Anything involving the Shift key doesn't work either, most notably the text resizing shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + ./, and Alt + Shift + D (date).

Some shortcuts clash, like Ctrl + M, it is both the minimize shortcut key and the indent shortcut key.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, 3eka Spet said:

I've just updated to the newest version (10.6.9) and certain shortcuts do not work, most notably for me Ctrl + I (for italics) and Ctrl + B (for bold), but other shortcuts like Ctrl + U do work...

I can't reproduce this. Provided I am editing a document they all still work fine for me.

Anything involving the Shift key doesn't work either, most notably the text resizing shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + ./, and Alt + Shift + D (date).

Again these are working for me but the text resizing is ctrl + shift + > or ctrl + shift + <

Some shortcuts clash, like Ctrl + M, it is both the minimize shortcut key and the indent shortcut key.

It depends on the context. If I am editing a document ctrl + M is indent. If I am not in edit mode it minimises the window. However I really don't think EN should ever  be using reserved Windows shortcuts. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 3eka Spet said:

Hi there, 

I am also on 10.6.9 and do encounter exactly the same problems (Ctrl + I for Italics and Ctrl + B for Bold is not working). Others are not yet tested from me. So it really seems to be an issue for some people.

• Like 1

My client updated to 10.6.9 earlier today and I lost several keyboard shortcuts including:

ALT + SHIFT + D
CTRL + SHIFT + D
CTRL + SHIFT + -
CTRL + SHIFT + H
CTRL + B
CTRL + I
CTRL + L

Is this an open bug, and if so how do I follow its status?

Thanks!

-DT

• Like 1

I have the same issue described here. Italics, bold, highlighting, and indenting shortcuts are not working. CTRL + M is actually the shortcut to minimize except when you are actively editing a note, in which case it should indent. This is severely hampering my productivity and I hope a fix is released soon.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Might just be worth gently reminding people that this is:

image.png.992e46f7487b5ae006ae214dae25ec13.png

There is an equivalent forum for mac. I hope I haven't been spending time trying to reproduce issues on windows which are only problems on mac. 

Hi Mike, no, I am on Windows with that issue. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mike P said:

Might just be worth gently reminding people that this is:

image.png.992e46f7487b5ae006ae214dae25ec13.png

There is an equivalent forum for mac. I hope I haven't been spending time trying to reproduce issues on windows which are only problems on mac. 

Thank you! The Matebook Pro is a windows laptop made by Huawei and sold by Microsoft.

• Thanks 1
On 1/15/2021 at 5:05 AM, 3eka Spet said:

I am having the same issues. Also, strike-through {ctrl+T} and highlight {ctrl+shift+H} and bullets {ctrl+shift+B} not working.

my Bold (ctrl + B) and Italic (ctrl + I) shortcuts aren't working but Underline shortcut is working fine.

I'm on Windows 10, Evernote version 10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254), Editor: v116.1.14913, Service: v1.26.7

I'm having same issue, some of my frequent shortcut is not working with the latest update, anything that use (ctrl+*****+key) is not working on my end, It's really hamper my productivity since I'm using insert checkbox (ctrl+shift+c) and indent frequently. Please help.

I used to have my ToDos and some kind of journal. Using ALT-SHIFT-D to enter current date ... worked untill I updated to 

• 10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
  • Editor: v116.1.14913
  • Service: v1.26.7

To my surprise this works for a colleague, using exactly the same version without any problems. Hope that this works soon again as this breaks my flow.

PS: To state not only negative things 🙂 - I really like that product behaves equal on all plattforms and that performance has improved since the first release in the new world ... thank you developers ... now bring me back my shortcuts and I am happy!

All-

Quick follow up on this issue.  I reached out to customer support and they said that the dev team is working on it, but has no ETA on the fix.  Here's an excerpt from their response to my query:

"Please be informed that our development team is aware of the issue and is now working on a fix. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide a time frame of when will this be fixed."

HTH,
-DT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, -DT said:

All-

Quick follow up on this issue.  I reached out to customer support and they said that the dev team is working on it, but has no ETA on the fix.  Here's an excerpt from their response to my query:

"Please be informed that our development team is aware of the issue and is now working on a fix. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide a time frame of when will this be fixed."

HTH,
-DT

Thank you for the update - looking forward to the solution.

I'm reporting that I'm experiencing this same issue. Most noticeable for me with alt+b (Bold) since this is a daily use shortcut for me as an English facilitator.
Looking forwards seeing the solution mentioned above.

Manny P.
Cheers! :)

My guess is the bugfix is done and going through update rings. All of the keyboard shortcuts are working for me (font size up, font size down, insert date, bold, italics, etc.).

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I'm reporting the same problem--several keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl+B, not working on Windows 10. I noticed the "Coming soon" tab on Evernote's "You're up to date!" pop-up says one of the upcoming features is "global keyboard shortcuts." I'm not sure what they means, but hopefully it means they'll be fixing this issue.

The shorcuts are not working. Evernote has gotten slow with the update. This is really bugging me, a lot. Please help asap. I am already beginning to look for options to Evernote. Seems like all the above are not accounted for either? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My highlight shortcuts: CTR+CMD+H was not working on my Mac (MBP M1 Pro).  However, it did work in safe mode.

After days of investigations, it turns out my Loom App was preventing the shortcut to work.  Loom team has confirmed that CTR+CMD+H is an internal shortcut that got to the production version and took over the shortcut (bug?).   For now, I will need to close Loom to keep the highlight shortcut working until they have a fix.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to check shortcut conflicts on MacOS or finding out which app has registered which shortcuts?

In Loom's case, the shortcut wasn't listed on their menu (an internal shortcut) so it took a while to find out which app is causing the issue.

To the EN team, would it be worthwhile to allow user to have the option to change the shortcut?  At the moment, some shortcuts are allowed to be manually changed, highlight is not one of them.

Thanks,

MacOS: 12.3.1 (21E258)

EN:
10.34.4-mac-ddl-public (3310)
Editor: v145.1.17877
Service: v1.50.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5

That apps collide with the shortcuts they use is a general issue. At least EN has made most of them editable by now, which allows to work around some conflicts.

You mentioned changing a shortcut. Some you can change (since you mentioned it, you discovered already how to do it) - for those which are not editable, the only way is to ask support to make it editable with a future release.