Double Click Default Action

Never been so annoyed in my life about an app change. Feels even worse than an app that starts crashing after an upgrade.

Users should be able to select the default action for a double click in the tray icon. I don't want a new note, I want to open evernote. I use it to look at old notes much more than I use it to create a new note.

Small annoyance: move the tag selector to the top. I tag everything and it is counter intuitive to have to go to the bottom to get to it.

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...
  • Evernote Expert

This is a two year old thread... ;) If you search around you will find a number of solutions that work well.

Myself, I don't display the Evernote helper in the system tray.  Instead I have a shortcut located on the taskbar. Double click that opens the program rather than the helper. It took a day or two to reprogram my fingers and brain.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EverGrope said:

Agree, still... atleast give a global shortcut to open it.

You can pin the Evernote app to the task bar and then one left click on it will open it. If it's already open, then it will show it and set focus to it.

You can also open Evernote with a customizable global shortcut key, on Mac it looks like this, but Windows is similar:

image.png.09e3f1a0f1d395eeb3a7e692790ccda5.png

It will open Evernote from anywhere and set focus to the search field (which is a great default). If search isn't what you want, then hitting the Escape key will close the search window.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

This is a two year old thread... ;) If you search around you will find a number of solutions that work well.

Myself, I don't display the Evernote helper in the system tray.  Instead I have a shortcut located on the taskbar. Double click that opens the program rather than the helper. It took a day or two to reprogram my fingers and brain.

@EverGrope, it really does no good to look around and revive all the old threads on this issue. One was enough. WRT other solutions, see this thread in particular: