New search syntax - asterisk not working anymore?

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time legacy Evernote Win10 user and finally try to migrate to the newes Version.

I just realized that my saved  searches don't work anymore.

It seems that the asterisk can't be used anymore. Is this correct? Does anyone have a solution / workaround for that?

E.g. this search does not work anymore: Notebook:"_Projects" tag:"99*"

I apreciate if you can let me know your thoughts.

Thank you, Erol

• Level 5*

Hi.  Does your search work without the asterisk?  If not your choices would appear to be:

• wait for a fix - maybe in the next update
  • change the tag system
  • use the legacy app

I'd recommend raising a support ticket too - it might help get this fixed faster if it is a bug.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Erol said:

It seems that the asterisk can't be used anymore.

* is working in my searches outside of quoted text   
Inside quotes, I suspect * is no longer a wildcard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A related observation: I am not able to find phrases at all when searching on iOS devices using EN 10.x. Using quotation marks around the phrase does not work. Example: a search for "green book" on the legacy Mac client yields 3 results. The search on iOS yields 520 results, whether or not I use quotes or not around the two words.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:00 PM, weidnet said:

A related observation: I am not able to find phrases at all when searching on iOS devices using EN 10.x. Using quotation marks around the phrase does not work. Example: a search for "green book" on the legacy Mac client yields 3 results. The search on iOS yields 520 results, whether or not I use quotes or not around the two words.

Hi there. I am also experiencing this same issue on my iOS device. FYI: I added a post to the Issues Forum: