Back to the White Window on desktop... ...

On opening either from desktop icon or task bar icon on Win.10  now on version 10.4.3 of Evernote, and still taking 10 or 11 reboots to get to my notebooks and notes.  Worse then Micro$oft and that is saying something.

So when can I set a red letter day that for a whole week I can get access to my files?   I work for a day, then not for 2 or 3, but today just tooooooooo many restarts, get a grip guys, solve it.  Or just us all know that you are leaving the market and we can all transition somewhere else.

• Evernote Expert

@tim.bushell you are largely speaking to fellow users here in the peer support area so you won't get an answer to your second paragraph ;)

10.4.3 does have a known issue affecting some but not all users that sounds like the issue you mention.  The recommended action is to delete the data files and then allow the program to rebuild the data.

The suggested fix is:

1. Quit Evernote
  2. Go to search located next to the start button
  3. Search for `%appdata%`
  4. Locate and delete the Evernote folder
  5. Launch Evernote again and sign in
  • Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, this sounds like an installation problem.

If it does not go away I would check and probably temporarily disable any security software that may be installed. EN relies on the internet connection. The description sounds as if there is another program that prevents it, like a firewall or anti-virus.

Maybe try the Windows Defender instead - in all tests it is said to be one of the best options in the security software market, and it comes preinstalled plus for free.

• Level 5*
On 11/28/2020 at 5:02 AM, tim.bushell said:

On opening either from desktop icon or task bar icon on Win.10  now on version 10.4.3 of Evernote, and still taking 10 or 11 reboots to get to my notebooks and notes.  Worse then Micro$oft and that is saying something.

So when can I set a red letter day that for a whole week I can get access to my files?   I work for a day, then not for 2 or 3, but today just tooooooooo many restarts, get a grip guys, solve it.  Or just us all know that you are leaving the market and we can all transition somewhere else.

You can go back to 6.25.1 found here until EN gets it sorted.  My approach at this point so that I can get things done.