UNSYNCH BUG has incorrectly locked me out of Evernote

I just acquired a new iPad a couple of days ago.  That meant I had three devices temporarily and as a,Basic subscriber I’m only entitled to two devices.  Okay.   Populating my new iPad automatically unsynched the discarded ipad.  I’m back to the two allowed under my Basic subscription.  Then I signed into Evernote an hour later and Evernote insisted I had too many devices, so  I unsynched the same discarded device again.  Evernote still did not allow me to proceed to my notes, Evernote asking me AGAIN, so I dutifully unsynched the old iPad AGAIN.  Then EVERNOTE locked me out, saying I had exceeded the limit of 2 unsynchs.  WHAT?  Now I can’t access any of my notes.  WTF!   I  can’t function on a daily basis without access to one of my Evernote notes.  Then I discover that I cannot expect support help as a Basic user.  I am ANNOYED.

• Level 5
5 minutes ago, Echolane said:

I just acquired a new iPad a couple of days ago.  That meant I had three devices temporarily and as a,Basic subscriber I’m only entitled to two devices.  Okay.   Populating my new iPad automatically unsynched the discarded ipad.  I’m back to the two allowed under my Basic subscription.  Then I signed into Evernote an hour later and Evernote insisted I had too many devices, so  I unsynched the same discarded device again.  Evernote still did not allow me to proceed to my notes, Evernote asking me AGAIN, so I dutifully unsynched the old iPad AGAIN.  Then EVERNOTE locked me out, saying I had exceeded the limit of 2 unsynchs.  WHAT?  Now I can’t access any of my notes.  WTF!   I  can’t function on a daily basis without access to one of my Evernote notes.  Then I discover that I cannot expect support help as a Basic user.  I am ANNOYED.

Since the web client is counted as a device, I have no idea how to unlock this. IMHO the decision to count the web client as a full device should be reconsidered - or a support instance created to help in these cases. Forum support is not possible any longer. @Shane D.

• Like 2

I am having the same issue, extremely frustrating! got a new iPhone, tried to unsync the old iPhone, didn’t work, tried again, didn’t work, now I’m locked out.

I also have some very important notes that I now can’t access, and now I can’t get any meaningful support. Is there any way to fix this?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Potatoes said:

Is there any way to fix this?

Short term,  the quickest solution is to subscribe - pay monthly if you can,  and downgrade the account if you want after one month.  You'll get your access back within hours.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Since obviously you didn’t feel like paying before either, not much has changed. EN supports an indefinite use of the free model, but applies restrictions.

AFAIK no fast workaround here, wait until the block is lifted (probably 30 days), or follow the advice offered from gazumped.