How to email full copy of note to a non Evernote user

This is what it says in help:

ANDROID

1. Open the note you would like to share.
  2. Tap the menu button (three dots) then tap Share.
  3. Tap the menu button (three dots) on the following screen and select Email copy of note.
  4. Enter at least one email address (or select at least one contact).
  5. Tap Send.

This is not available in the new version. How do we do this now?

• Level 5*

We noticed this feature was removed by design and convinced the support people it was required   
The promised to add it to the feature list - no timeline given

• Level 5
16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You can’t - yet.

It is on the list of features still to be released, without a date.

No trust in what we tell ?

OK, I am on iOS,  not on Android, so I don’t know for sure. But the v10-releases are behaving pretty similar, since they are based on the same general framework.

PinkE,  sorry I can't understand your reply.  You are on IOS, I'm on a Mac and IOS V10.1.  I cant and dont need to email from my phone.  I just want to email notes, or copies from Clipper to myself or someone else.  Help!  Or tell me how to get my earlier version back.  I am a paying customer!  Thanks.

• Level 5
56 minutes ago, Idahobob said:

PinkE,  sorry I can't understand your reply.  You are on IOS, I'm on a Mac and IOS V10.1.  I cant and dont need to email from my phone.  I just want to email notes, or copies from Clipper to myself or someone else.  Help!  Or tell me how to get my earlier version back.  I am a paying customer!  Thanks.

All v10 clients run on a common framework called Electron. Because of this, key functions are now there or missing on all clients. There are specifics to the OS used, but much less so than with the versions before. The prior versions were native apps, programmed right for on OS, and not on the same level.

So it is possible to advise on some (not all) aspects of v10 even if running the same release level client on another OS.

P.S. I am a paying user as well, so there at least two of us left ... how nice is that ! 🤑

5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

All v10 clients run on a common framework called Electron. Because of this, key functions are now there or missing on all clients. There are specifics to the OS used, but much less so than with the versions before. The prior versions were native apps, programmed right for on OS, and not on the same level.

So it is possible to advise on some (not all) aspects of v10 even if running the same release level client on another OS.

P.S. I am a paying user as well, so there at least two of us left ... how nice is that ! 🤑

5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Thanks PinkE!  Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Using the Legacy verion has some quirks as well.  For one,  screen shots are slow to appear in Evernote.  And mysterious blank Evernote windows appear randomly.  Sure hope they make a new and improved version soon.  Are there any alternatives to Evernote?

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Quite simple: Read release notes.

When the „Send a note as an e-mail“ was released to v10, it was communicated that it is a feature of the paid plans now. So Basic users don’t have access.

Thank you PinkE!  For some reason the Evernote crew omitted my name when release notes were sent out.  Maybe because I have only been using the legacy edition.

And now that I have tried the new email offering, Evernote is not accessing my address book and will not accept an address I enter manually.  How does Evernote access my address book?  Why can't I enter an address in the address block? 

Many thanks!

Bob

• Like 1

I was just logging into the forums with the exact same questions as IdahoBob.

What contact list is EN using for "Email a Copy" of a note?   I few of my contacts show up to auto fill the "To" box; but not nearly all of them (and of course not the ones I'm sending to the most often!).   How do I add addresses to whatever address source Evernote is using?

• Level 5

EN v10.5 iOS: When I use the E-Mail a Copy of a note feature, and start to enter the first name, a box opens asking me to allow EN to access my contacts.

Allow, and when you type the next letter, your matching contacts will show as a list below.

Access can be revoked in the EN app settings in the iOS settings app.

Have not tried on my Mac, but probably somewhere in the Security/Privacy settings.

We're making progress!  On my Mac, System Preferences, Privacy, Contacts there are options to allow apps access to Contacts.  On my Mac (running Big Sur) Evernote Legacy 2 is shown but not Evernote 10.8.5 for Mac.  So how does one get the new EN to show up in the Privacy window so access to Contacts can be allowed?

Bob

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have not tried on my Mac, but probably somewhere in the Security/Privacy settings.

Following up

298817681_ScreenShot2021-02-25at08_15_51.png.a061f67e777437cddc23d6dccdf87b37.png

<sigh>  I hate the Mac Security & Privacy feature

21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Following up

298817681_ScreenShot2021-02-25at08_15_51.png.a061f67e777437cddc23d6dccdf87b37.png

<sigh>  I hate the Mac Security & Privacy feature

A Google search produces possible solutions to this Error.  Not sure I would try them myself, beyond my pay grade.  If a reboot doesnt fix the problem, I'm in trouble!

Bob

• Level 5

Tried on my Mac. Legacy has an entry, v10 Mac doesn’t.

By trying to share via mail and entering the first letters of a name there were no proposals generated. This had worked on the iOS app, there I was then asked if I want to allow access to contacts. No such thing on the Mac.

My conclusion: Currently the access to contacts is not possible. Workarounds:

1) Use the iOS client

2) Open EN v10 Mac and Contacts side by side. Copy the mail address in contacts, paste it in V10. Drag & Drop does not work.

As I've mentioned I think the clue for getting addresses for emailing notes rests in the Mac's "Permissions" department.  A brief Google search tells me that the app, in this case EN, has to ask the OS for permission to access "Contacts". Since EN is not appearing on my Mac as an option to give permission to, I can only assume that the EN app is not asking.  Either intentionally or in error.  But why would EN include an email "Share" option without allowing an email address to be entered?  Must be a bug!!

Bob

• Level 5

The v10 app obviously does not ask to be added to the permissions list.

Looks like a bug, that the e-mail feature has been added, but without implementing the permissions. AFAIK a user can not add an app himself to the list of apps asking for privacy permissions (MacOS 11.2.1, EN v10.8.5 direct install).

• Level 5

Placed a support ticket, which was already answered (that was FAST !).

The link to contacts for the e-mail a note feature is still missing from the v10 Mac app. It will probably be added with a future release.

So as I said above: You need to copy the mail address manually, or use the  iOS app where access to contacts will be established the first time you send an e-mail from the sharing option.

Yep, IOS app works that way for me.  The Mac EN app remains weird.  There are a few address in the EN share function but not all.  And if I type in an address, the "Send" button is not active.

I just hope EN folks keep Legacy 2 alive.

Bob