Can't install latest version

When I opened Evernote this morning, I was advised a new version was available - but the downloaded install file initially gives a security warning - and when I ignore that, it fails to install with 'Installer integrity check has failed' .  This is Evernote-10.3.7-2018-setup.exe.  I also get the same issue if I download the installer directly from Evernote.com. What do I do?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If your current version (6.25.1) is still working, I'd suggest you read the reviews of the new v10 very carefully and consider whether you wish to update to a work-in-progress.  If you do,  try installing the Legacy app (6.25.2) which runs alongside the new v10 and gives you access to all your current features as well as the new fornat.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

If you already have a 10.x version then I'd suggest that you go to the Evernote website and download the full installer for version 10.3.7.  But as @gazumped says having the so-called legacy version available might save you some anguish ;)

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, timfg said:

When I opened Evernote this morning, I was advised a new version was available - but the downloaded install file initially gives a security warning - and when I ignore that, it fails to install with 'Installer integrity check has failed' .  This is Evernote-10.3.7-2018-setup.exe.  I also get the same issue if I download the installer directly from Evernote.com. What do I do?

My reco is to sit on the sidelines and only use the last public version prior to V10, 6.25.1 for me.  Let EN get the errors sorted and some of the key functions added back before jumping into the pool.  And maybe some speed improvements.  V10 is a hot mess at the moment, for my use case anyway.

• Like 1