Update 2018 installed ... finds 10 of my 4400 notes

• Level 5*

Hi.  Updating to a new version is not immediate - the database is being converted.  You should see the full note set in an hour or so.  Meantime try signing into the web version at Evernote.com.  Oh - and you might want to reduce your spam load by removing your email address from this public forum.

After two frantic days, I discovered my 4400 notes are available on Evernote's web app.  I was attracted to Evernote's original business plan: provide Evernote to millions of people-if 1% think our premium version is worthwhile, we'll be rolling in it.

Except for the editor, Evernote was my favorite app.  My whole computer world crashed when I couldn't find my Evernotes.  The computer app still finds a dozen Evernotes.  I have to use the web app.  I want to back up my Evernotes on my equipment.  I can't find a way to do that on the web app.  I can't find a way to get tech support.  I've complained in the survey to no avail.  Can someone tell me how to make a .enex backup from the web?  Or how to make the computer app access my large notebook?

Bill Drissel

bill@drissel.us

The Colony, TX   USA

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, billdrissel said:

I want to back up my Evernotes on my equipment. 

I'm using the Evernote Legacy product on my desktop computer
No issues with viewing notes   
No issues with backing up data

I use the html format option for my weekly full backup   
If there's an Evernote issue, I have direct access to notes in the backup data

• Level 5

You show here as Basic user. This means you are restricted to 2 devices. The new app and the legacy app count as one device each , and the web client counts as a third device. Maybe the current issue is a problem of device count.

If this is the case, the easiest way would be to go Premium for a month, sort things out, make your setup and then let it fall back to Basic again.

If not, my first step would be to unsync the new client, using the web client. Then uninstall it completely from your computer, same with the current incomplete legacy version. After that, reinstall legacy. It will need time to sync all notes, because it will create a local copy on your PC.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

Thanks for your reply, Pink.  My account shows me as a Premium user.  Billed last July.  How do I un-sync the 2018 client?  How is the Evernote Legacy version incomplete? 

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Bill Drissel

edited Evernote Billing Capture.jpg

Edited by billdrissel
Post image of my account showing I'm a Premiiun user.
  • Level 5

Are you sure you did not create a second account, by accident ?

This can happen easily: You make a typo on logging in, place a password - and have another account. Probably this is where the 10 notes you see are located, the rest is in the other, Premium account.

Just as an idea.

“Legacy“ is want you know from before v10 was released. It is the last client that was operational before version 10 was released.

You can install it on desktops, PC and Mac.