Shared notebooks that I have "left" still show up in Notebooks list

There are two notebooks that were shared with me that I don't want to appear in my Notebooks list. In the Notebooks pane, I clicked on the three dots next to the notebooks in question and chose "Leave notebook". But they are still appearing in the Notebooks pane. Now, when I click on the three dots, the "Leave notebook" option, and all other options except "Export notebook", are greyed out.

When I go to Evernote.com, the shared notebooks don't appear in the Notebooks list. 

How do I get rid of them in Evernote on the Mac? 

Here's the crazy thing: I just asked the people who shared those notebooks with me to unshare them. They confirmed that they have deleted the notebooks in question, but they are still appearing in my Notebooks list. Argh! 

I am also having this issue. 

I have a stack that I'm unable to delete, with notebooks that appear to have nothing in (whose original creator I believe has deleted them), but I can neither access them, nor delete them, and I can't delete the stack. 

The same thing is happening for me in the browser, as it is in the Mac app. 

Argh!

What's especially strange for me is that the shared notebooks only show up in certain instances of Evernote (on Evernote Desktop on my iMac, and on Evernote Mobile on my iPhone), but they don't show up on Evernote on the web or on Evernote Desktop on my Macbook Pro)! I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iMac, but that didn't solve the problem. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the solution : you need to delete the appdata folder of evernote. That(s force evernote to redownload your database, settings and such. 

Completely exit evernote

Type : Win + R

Type : %appdata%

Enter

Delete the evernote folder.

Launch evernote, reconnect and taaaddaaa. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, polohpi said:

I have the solution : you need to delete the appdata folder of evernote. That(s force evernote to redownload your database, settings and such. 

Completely exit evernote

Enter

Thank you kind person!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, polohpi said:

Completely exit evernote

Enter

And on Android?

Notes shared, but access deleted. App says cannot be accessed, but appear in 'Shared with Me' list. Just want to delete those with sharing removed from the list. If the app knows there's no access, or one note is selected, why can't it be removed by re-ordering or re-structuring the list? Seems like a long overdue feature request.

• Level 5

If you want to reset your local database: Uninstall the app, if asked confirm to dump all data, switch the device completely off, wait a little, on again.

Now reinstall. After login the app will download a fresh copy from the server.

No idea if this solves the problem with „orphaned“ shared notes.