Evernote has now become completely useless to me on IOS, MAC, WEB and Windows

Evernote has not become completely useless to me on IOS, MAC, WEB and Windows

I am so upset. I am not normally one to ***** but this is ridiculous. I now can't work effectively not any of the platforms. 

My iphone auto updated the day after the last update. It did not have any changes I had done in the last 24 hours. None of my new notes were there. So I went to my Mac and it was fine the first day. Then the next day it auto updated and I had the same issue as on my phone. In order to work I downloaded the legacy app. It works fine but I use my Windows machine for work. On windows it is working for the most part. Except I have now lost some notes. They are not on any version.... ios, mac, web or windows. When I pulled up web, ios and windows at the same time to one notebook the number of notes in each notebook was different. The phone as 22, the windows has 71 and web has 66. REALLY?!?!?!?! 

I tired submitting a ticket for the IOS but it would not let me for two days. I finanly was able to do it. I also submitted a ticket for the laptop versions. But both say 10 days. This is absolutely unnacceptable. I use these for business and now cannot get the information I need. 

On the Evernote page we have an admin that states obvious things like did yu delete and reload, did yolu hard reset your phone/ computer. yes, all of the basic ***** has been done and she is no help. 

I know I am not the only one or more important than anyone else but now that you have effectively shut down any way for me to get my work data this needs to be resolved as soon as possible. No BS of its your equipment or hard reset or delete and reinstall. FIX IT!!!!!!! 

Who can I speak with live to fix this??

• Like 4
  • leah1977 changed the title to Evernote has now become completely useless to me on IOS, MAC, WEB and Windows
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, leah1977 said:

Who can I speak with live to fix this??

Unfortunately, no one, and I agree that the correct backlog on ticket responses is ridiculous.  In the mean time I would suggest installing the legacy versions for Mac and Windows to get you back up and running.  There is no legacy for iOS so you are stuck there. It is not as good as the prior version, but it is mostly serviceable. You might consider turning off auto update on your apps.  It won’t help you with this problem, but may help avoid another in the future.

I am also having IOS Mac problems.  I update and note and the update disappears which is incredibly problematic since the notes are created during meetings and not r-creatable.  Also when i try to take a photo within a note it does not load.  I've submitted 4 tickets over the past week, and hear NOTHING.  I'm about ready to back up and leave (which would be a huge project since I've been an avid user for many years.  I've been paying premium rates for this??????????  I need advice. 

My experience is identical to leah1977... Evernote is not saving ANY information on ANY of my platforms (Mac, iPad, iPhone, web). This is a MAJOR crimp to my productivity as Evernote is the app I use the most on a daily basis for my businesses and personal life.

Not sure how such a major, widespread bug could have been released for general updates, but this really needs to be fixed ASAP. If the app cannot save any data it is totally worthless.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Unfortunately, no one, and I agree that the correct backlog on ticket responses is ridiculous.  In the mean time I would suggest installing the legacy versions for Mac and Windows to get you back up and running.  There is no legacy for iOS so you are stuck there. It is not as good as the prior version, but it is mostly serviceable. You might consider turning off auto update on your apps.  It won’t help you with this problem, but may help avoid another in the future.

Thanks... I have shut down all auto updates. I have deleted it off my phone and had already downloaded the Legacy mac version. Now that I am not seeing red( still mad but can do more to figure this out) it most of my problem is with Apple. On my mac and iphone( new versions) it has all my old info. On my Windows that is the old version and the web things seem to be working "better". I still have a bit of a difference in notes but at least my notebook structure and current notes seem to be there. While it is not ideal I can live with this solution for a little while. Not ideal because I used Evernote a lot on my phone but can make it work. I am going to give myself a timeline on when I need to have this resolved and then make the call to move if it is not fixed. I have been a big fan of Evernote for 10 years so it will be very disappointing but at a certain point I have to cut my losses. 

1 hour ago, ajbarr said:

My experience is identical to leah1977... Evernote is not saving ANY information on ANY of my platforms (Mac, iPad, iPhone, web). This is a MAJOR crimp to my productivity as Evernote is the app I use the most on a daily basis for my businesses and personal life.

Not sure how such a major, widespread bug could have been released for general updates, but this really needs to be fixed ASAP. If the app cannot save any data it is totally worthless.

You can see my response to s2sailor on where I think my issues are... within the Apple ecosystem. Not sure that helps you if that is all you use. Possible the Legacy app for Mac. Still horrible but at least I can function a little for now. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

With the inability to save the current version is even more useless than the legacy ones. It depends completely on syncing.

Since I have no syncing errors, no idea of what is in the way of data in your case. Maybe check for corrupted notes. I had twice a corrupted note resulting from adding content to EN v10 iOS by sharing, one on my iPhone, one on my iPad. Both resulted in an endless download symbol, and finally in an empty note that proved to be undeletable. This synced to all devices, where deleting it proved to be impossible as well.

Getting rid of this bad note was in the end only possible by deleting the iOS client where it was created, and reinstalling it fresh. Lost all downloaded content in that process, iPad is still downloading.

If you can’t find bad content and erase it, probably the last resort is support (with a long waiting time).

5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

With the inability to save the current version is even more useless than the legacy ones. It depends completely on syncing.

Since I have no syncing errors, no idea of what is in the way of data in your case. Maybe check for corrupted notes. I had twice a corrupted note resulting from adding content to EN v10 iOS by sharing, one on my iPhone, one on my iPad. Both resulted in an endless download symbol, and finally in an empty note that proved to be undeletable. This synced to all devices, where deleting it proved to be impossible as well.

Getting rid of this bad note was in the end only possible by deleting the iOS client where it was created, and reinstalling it fresh. Lost all downloaded content in that process, iPad is still downloading.

If you can’t find bad content and erase it, probably the last resort is support (with a long waiting time).

Hmm how would I find a corruption on a note? 

• Level 5

Sometimes in the system log, because it is named there. Sometimes by comparing a clients notes count per notebook with the web client, because corrupted notes often don’t sync to the server. By looking up what is missing (usually it is from the last few days, no need to check all), you find which got stuck out of no visible reason.

Try to delete it. If it refuses, it is corrupted for sure.

On 11/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, leah1977 said:

You can see my response to s2sailor on where I think my issues are... within the Apple ecosystem. Not sure that helps you if that is all you use. Possible the Legacy app for Mac. Still horrible but at least I can function a little for now. Good luck!

@leah1977 How did you install the Legacy version? DId you have to uninstall the current broken Evernote version first? Did you get all your notes to come along? Thanks! Alan

• Level 5

If you have a corrupted installation, uninstall it before taking further steps. Uninstalling EN including the database is not simple - I use the app AppCleaner on my Mac to really find all program parts, and delete them. In the AppCleaner window you need to scroll down and click on all options, to really make it go.

To install legacy the description is here:

It is possible to install legacy and v10 side by side, however each uses its own database, so you need double space on your drive.
33 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

If you have a corrupted installation, uninstall it before taking further steps. Uninstalling EN including the database is not simple - I use the app AppCleaner on my Mac to really find all program parts, and delete them. In the AppCleaner window you need to scroll down and click on all options, to really make it go.

To install legacy the description is here:

It is possible to install legacy and v10 side by side, however each uses its own database, so you need double space on your drive.

Thanks for the follow-up. I do NOT think I have a corrupted installation.  Why would so many of us users have a corrupted installation? Evernote updated itself this week, and I received no notification of a failed/bad install. If I do uninstall the current broken version, will I lose my existing notes? THAT would be catastrophic.

• Level 5

Not sure about the data situation, sorry. What is on the EN server / web client should be safe, everything else is probably only a local copy.

I had a corrupted note since last Sunday. It was an empty note where the creation had gone wrong on an iOS client. It had synced to the other clients, and could not be deleted. It stalled my offline download on the iPad, etc. I had a support ticket running on this issue.

EN released ver.10.1 for iOS, I installed it, and could finally delete that note. When it was gone, offline download started again.

Fortunately it did not influence the overall function, other notes were created and synced while that one note was stuck.

This was my experience, luckily solved by v10.1. Your experience is probably different. So no transfer from user to user (what we can do in this forum) for a lack of experience. Maybe try the uninstall (with a risk of loosing data), or try support (with quite a waiting time).

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Not sure about the data situation, sorry. What is on the EN server / web client should be safe, everything else is probably only a local copy.

I had a corrupted note since last Sunday. It was an empty note where the creation had gone wrong on an iOS client. It had synced to the other clients, and could not be deleted. It stalled my offline download on the iPad, etc. I had a support ticket running on this issue.

EN released ver.10.1 for iOS, I installed it, and could finally delete that note. When it was gone, offline download started again.

Fortunately it did not influence the overall function, other notes were created and synced while that one note was stuck.

This was my experience, luckily solved by v10.1. Your experience is probably different. So no transfer from user to user (what we can do in this forum) for a lack of experience. Maybe try the uninstall (with a risk of loosing data), or try support (with quite a waiting time).

I appreciate your thoughtfulness in responding to my need/concern. I wil try the Legacy version to see if that works better in the short-term.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I think they want to kill their product nicely. I don't see anyone use Evernote in new version. It is full useless, am even unable to open my old nodes. Always getting Sorry something went wrong page. It doesn't matter how many times i refresh or signoff/signin again. 

I'm shocked how they want to successfully killed a product who depended by so many people on daily basis.

I'm exploring Notion app and import my old nodes. I'm unable to even open any my old pages, am little bit worried about my so many years worth of data will still be there or gone. 

I'm not sure it's only my problem or all Mac users are facing.

Srinivas Kotaru