What happened to hotkeys?

The first thing I do as I open Evernote (win) - hit F6 key. Nearly every time. In new version it suddenly doesn't work. As well as global hotkeys for new note and search. What happened? It's most fundamental functionality for me, to be able to quickly search or write what's on my mind, without interrupting work to grab mouse etc. It couldn't be hard to implement, as hotkeys work everywhere since at least Windows 95. Is Evernote losing it's users on purpose? :(

14 minutes ago, johnyboi said:

The first thing I do as I open Evernote (win) - hit F6 key. Nearly every time. In new version it suddenly doesn't work. As well as global hotkeys for new note and search. What happened? It's most fundamental functionality for me, to be able to quickly search or write what's on my mind, without interrupting work to grab mouse etc. It couldn't be hard to implement, as hotkeys work everywhere since at least Windows 95. Is Evernote losing it's users on purpose? :(

The current implementation of keyboard shortcuts is not good. The link below gives you the current state of play. It should be said though that this document contains many many errors, omissions and things that simply do not work. As you say this should be easy to get right so I'm sure it there will be improvements over time. In the mean time you can continue to run the legacy version if you wish.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, johnyboi said:

You could go back to 6.25.1 found here until EN gets it sorted

We can also go to the other services. Evernote was once a clear leader in note taking software, I can't believe they release such big update without crucial functionalities. Many users looked forward for new version, cause the older got outdated. Now having to downgrade to get fundamental features indispensable for normal work? Such a shame.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-11-07 194349.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

... not in the forum, obviously, so we do what we do, and explain it again.

With EN v10 most hot keys have disappeared. EN says in the release statement that they will return with a future release - probably not all of them, but maybe some. Currently there are clients without settings, so the possibilities to influence the apps behavior are very limited.

If you need that feature, you can install the old version ( now legacy) instead: