Can't edit a new note, needs restart of the app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm experiencing this same issue. I'm using version 10.4.3 build 2071 public, Editor: v112.1.14477 For Mac. This happens very often, I can create a note but can't edit it. I need to restart the app in order to edit the not. This is becoming really frustrating... Any plans to fix this issue ?

• 1 month later...

I have this issue too - get it sorted immediately!! I can't get to my content - and as a premium user I don't expect to have to keep trying to workout what is wrong with these ever-more terrible version of evernote!

SORT IT OUT!

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem. MacOS Evernote 10.5.7 build 2171 public, Editor v114.1.14753.

I have been having this problem for at least a month and updating did not fix it.

Pretty basic stuff folks - I can't create a new note without an app restart.  I'm assuming that I don't have to pay my subscription any more since I've got a note-taking app that can't create notes?

Yep been having this issue for months now still not fixed. Leaving the app open overnight after the machine has been to sleep seems to do it. I can create a new note but not edit it, its just blank. I need to restart the whole app for it to work normally.

I have this issue on mac and windows.

Please fix this basic issue.

Same thing here:

1. Create note, gets created without title. Note panel blank.

2. Doble click the new note opens separate window with blank contents. Cannot edit there either. 

Issue persist since version 10.

That's incredible how the app was f* up recently. I could report 10 more issues, but I am just tired of typing and do not want to share recording publicly with my notes previews. 

Anyway I hope you guys will turn this thing around.

• Like 2

I have the same issue since few months ago. It's a shame they don't even answer in the forum. They even launch a new version, full of new features, but don't fix this blocking bug. 

The market is full of different options, I'm definitively going to start looking into those if this is issue is not taken care.

Same issue here except it's on Windows and I actually need to reboot my primary windows machine to be able to edit again - restarting the app doesn't fix it.

So, to use Evernote when editing "freezes," I need to shut down every job I'm running, close every open file I'm working on, reboot the comp, re-open the files I'm working on, restart the jobs I'm running, and then get back to Evernote... Not the most streamlined user experience!

Please fix!!

Constant issue for me as well, and program restarts don't seem to always work.

EDIT: For those requiring a full PC restart, try shutting down from task manager. I've been closing, and there's been no tray notification, but I noticed there were 7 hanging Evernote processes.

• 3 weeks later...

Support suggested me using legacy app for the meantime until the issue is fixed. It is known to developers. No time frame for a fix.

Legacy app: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

I have this issue too. It seems to happen when I create a new Note, and click the "Go to Notebook" icon at the top. I click on that on accident, as i believe clicking it used to allow you to change the notebook. After clicking it, the note becomes uneditable, and.I have to restart.

I'm experiencing this on OSX Catalina with Evernote 10.8.5-mac-ddl-public (2367)

Yes me too!! I’ll leave my MacBook Pro (2020) or iMac (OS 10.13.6), to return to it the next day, or after significant number of hours away to find that :

1. I can’t create any new notes

2. I can’t edit anything - not the title, content or even copy/paste into them. I can’t even double click a note to pop it open

3. Existing notes appear blank or with just title... but all are uneditable unless I quit Evernote and sign back in. The all is ok. 

The iOS version in my iPhone is fine. It’s just the version on the desktop. Please fix this. This problem is getting old. 

Same problem here - can create new note but cant edit any text.

Why isn´t Evernote responding to this thread???

MacOS BigSur 11.2.3

I had to restart Evernote to get the below informations:

Evernote 10.9.10-mac-mas-public (458488)
Editor: v119.1.15375

This is getting close to abort time on this software. Same issue here with frozen Evernote after computer locks overnight... 

This issue, plus the lack of pdf output for scanned docs... i'm holding on by a thread now.

But what is most troubling is the complete lack of communication on items like this (solution coming? timetable? never going to happen?). That's an acute sign of illness in a tech organization.

• 1 month later...

I just updated to latest version on iPad, hoping it would fix the malady I keep experiencing: 

1) Click on note in left sidebar.

2) Note opens (after a while).

3) Scroll to bottom of note.

4) Click to begin writing.

5) The instant the note becomes active it then freezes.

6) In my impatience and determination, I click and hold at the point I'd LIKE to be entering text.

7) Suddenly, note comes alive and proceeds to scroll back to the top at lightspeed. 

8) I can enter a character up at the top, but that's it. The note kind of takes over and wherever I try to navigate within the note, the note gradually scrolls upwards. 

9) Yes, I've hard quit the app. Yes, I've rebooted my iPad. Yes, I'm at my wit's end with this insufferable piece of software that brings my writing workflow to a halt nearly every time I try to use it. 

10) Is there a point where someone from Evernote reads this and thinks, "Ya know, our subscribers might be happier if we made a stable product that works reliably and consistently on all the devices that are supposed to support it."

Evernote used to be exactly that (I've been a user since about 2015-6?). Worked perfectly as described across any device. Now it frequently fails or freezes on me, so I only use it now to see my old records (if I can). This support thread is a good example of how the company has devolved. 

I've moved now to other software to do what I need for new things. I used to recommend it everywhere. I even gave a packed seminar on it at a music conference! No more...

• Level 5

@Amystoneus How old is your hardware ?

We are running v10 on 4 devices, 2 of them in their last iOS support year (iPhone 6S+ and iPad Air 2), the other 2 more recent (iPad Pro 10.5, iPhone 11 Pro Max). On the older devices it is usable, but requires some patience, on the newer ones it is ok.

One has to take into account that the transistor count on the older devices CPU is appr. 1/10th of the newer ones. 

To ease a bit on the system resources, you could avoid long notes, splitting them into smaller ones and create a TOC-note to link the others together. This is a workaround between users, not a solution. I don’t think EN v10 will ever run snappy on older iOS hardware.