Please increase the priority of implementing the new user preferences

doktorzirb

Idea

I understand the pressure on the developers team but please do not underestimate the pressure we users undergo everyday on our work

A few critical examples:

- Properly merging notes and generating a single pdf leveraging EN has been saving me bags of time for years when it comes to deliver press-clipping reports for example. In the absence of user preferences, I can't select the proper settings when merging, nor properly select the information I need on the header of the destination pdf file. Source URLs get lost in many cases whe merging, despite the fact they were included as properties before the merge. This constitutes a disastrous lost of key information which doesn't fill the bill

- Since my host OS is in Spanish, EN has decided that all my software goes in Spanish, and therefore I can't change EN to English, my default working language. Can't change that without the user preferences

Please implement a  tentative skeleton or sortof for the new management of user preferences. As a bonus, it'll undoubtely provide a valuable feedback. Thx!

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Your requests are reasonable, only nobody can tell when these issues will be solved.

I fI were you, I would go back to the legacy client and observe the releases to come. If you want some functions that come with v10, you can even install and run both, one for the current workflow, the other for functions yet not implemented. The downside is you double the local data base, so you need the space on your main drive to do it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Your requests are reasonable, only nobody can tell when these issues will be solved.

I fI were you, I would go back to the legacy client and observe the releases to come. If you want some functions that come with v10, you can even install and run both, one for the current workflow, the other for functions yet not implemented. The downside is you double the local data base, so you need the space on your main drive to do it.

Actually, the legacy version still has preferences, so you can move the database to another drive, if you want to.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FrankC said:

Actually, the legacy version still has preferences, so you can move the database to another drive, if you want to.

The structure of the two databases is completely different so you cannot have V10 and the legacy version using the same DB. Therefore as @PinkElephant said you will need the space on your HD for two databases.

35 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The structure of the two databases is completely different so you cannot have V10 and the legacy version using the same DB. Therefore as @PinkElephant said you will need the space on your HD for two databases.

Yes - but you have a choice where you store the Evernote Legacy database. It can be on any drive available to you. 

V10 seems to locate its database on the installation  drive (or C:), and without preferences you can't move it. 

So, if you're running both versions you can spread the usage across 2 drives, by moving the legacy system database. This is what I've done.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, FrankC said:

Yes - but you have a choice where you store the Evernote Legacy database. It can be on any drive available to you. 

V10 seems to locate its database on the installation  drive (or C:), and without preferences you can't move it. 

So, if you're running both versions you can spread the usage across 2 drives, by moving the legacy system database. This is what I've done.

Sorry, yes I get it now. You did say drive and I missed the point. Thanks.

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Well what I've been doing since I joined the first beta testing program is to keep different versions in different computers, but honestly, as a senior computer engineer, I can't make heads or tails of this mess. 

• Level 5
47 minutes ago, doktorzirb said:

Well what I've been doing since I joined the first beta testing program is to keep different versions in different computers, but honestly, as a senior computer engineer, I can't make heads or tails of this mess. 

Believe me, nobody can, even somebody with a head as big as mine ...

• Haha 1