Issue - Note Failed To Update - Reload

• DTLow changed the title to Issue - Note Failed To Update - Reload
  • 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.1c0639ae63b63aed92f79ac095bdd2d7.png

I get this error constantly since upgrading to 10.3.7 with Mac OS Catalina and now Big Sur. Completely maddening and no response from Evernote support on this matter. Guess it may be time to start thinking of migrating to OneNote. Evernote devs completely broke the Evernote App...

Started having this problem today myself. 

Oddly enough I had 10.1.7 installed. Anyway, noticed an item that said 10.4. for windows and mac was out so I tried updating and no updates. 

Downloaded the 10.4 version and installed, problems gone but not before I spent a few minutes looking for evernote alternatives. 

I think what I really want is just a private cloud product I can run on my own NAS, probably open source. 

I constantly get this error message on Windows 10, using the application.  I've had this problem for years, and across the Mac and Windows PC platforms.  I'm not sure how the software can be so poorly written.  I get this message ever minute while I'm working.  I have to reload the note, scroll all the way to the bottom and re-do what was lost.  It's time consuming and frustrating.   

I will leave Evernote if this doesn't get solved.  Step your game up Evernote, stop being so lazy. 

• 3 months later...

I just lost an entire note (about 30 minutes worth of work) because of this popup. There's nothing about the error that says your data will be wiped and you're not given the option of copying the note or NOT syncing. I've never had trouble with Evernote before, and now I consider the system untrusted and unstable.

• 5 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, slowgreenturtle said:

I just lost an entire note (about 30 minutes worth of work) because of this popup. There's nothing about the error that says your data will be wiped and you're not given the option of copying the note or NOT syncing. I've never had trouble with Evernote before, and now I consider the system untrusted and unstable.

Me too! This type of bugs are UNFORGIVABLE.

FIX YOUR BUGS PLEASE EVERNOTE.  This new version is WORST. I am a premium user and i have been using it for 5 years. This is the worst update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a fix for this yet? 

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, no luck.

Tried what Mike8471 suggested below, and it doesn't even sign me out successfully. Upon relaunch, I'm still signed in.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:13 AM, Mike8471 said:

I've had some success in fixing this by signing out of the mac client and when prompted, selecting 'remove data from device'. Then signing back in again it seems to have started syncing again.... 🤞

How does one ask support? When I try, it forwards me here.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, PinkElephant said:

If you need a fix, and there is none in this thread, ask support.

Is support reserved for paid users?

How can I justify paying for the service if it's this buggy and when I need help I'm unable to request it?

And it seems this issue has been ongoing for a year now??

• Level 5

Support is provided by real people, working for real wages. If you don’t pay, don’t expect them to talk to you. And they won’t, as you have already found out yourself.

About your problem: If you are unable to log out, you did it wrong. Or try harder next time.

image.png.f91aaf98ca8b7d5e39025cdef5548e12.png

20 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Support is provided by real people, working for real wages. If you don’t pay, don’t expect them to talk to you. And they won’t, as you have already found out yourself.

About your problem: If you are unable to log out, you did it wrong. Or try harder next time.

image.png.f91aaf98ca8b7d5e39025cdef5548e12.png

After reading through this thread alone, there are paid users also dealing with this still-unresolved issue. I don't see the benefit to paying for the service if I'm going to deal with the same bugs and they still won't be resolved a year later.

But thanks for the comic strip?

I tried a few times to log out, not sure how much harder I can try than logging out, selecting the option to remove the data from my device, and uninstalling the program.

• Level 5

As you say, you are free to decide. There is only one software for all users - just the features available are controlled depending on the subscription level. This leads to the effect that the more expensive your subscription is, the more bugs you can hit, because users on lower levels never get to the point where you find the issue. Sort of real life communism, the more you pay, the more bugs you get …

If you have really logged out, you can’t be logged in after opening the app again. This is very simple. So if you are, the logout did not work. And I think taking this with a grain of humor makes life better. 

The key issue of this thread are not synced notes. Since I already dropped all advise I could positively share, I just wish you luck in resolving the problem.