Hi!

Suddenly when I tried to open the program appear this message

\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\config.json SyntaxError Unexpected token 

So from then I uninstall the program and was impossible to start again, 

I have send several technical request but nobody has answered me. Had anybody the same issue?

thanks

gonzalo

error instalacion windows2.jpg

error instalacion windows3.jpg

Edited by Gonzalo Cordova
NOBODY SEE IT
  • Level 5

@Gonzalo Cordova Thank you for reaching out and for letting me know!

To clarify, when do you receive this error message? Is it as soon as you try to install the App?

Or, are you able to install it, but then as soon as you open Evernote, you get this error message?

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

Hi Shane!

thanks for your answer!

this message appeared the first time when I tried to open the program. After that, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, and in the begining of the new installation the message appear again. Is that clear?

and then was imposible to reinstal never more. Now I am using the legacy version

do you know what to do with it?

thanks for your concern

Gonzalo

Hello guys,

Same thing happened to me. The difference is that I've been using Evernote for two weeks and today I had a problem of sync with tags from a shared notebook (they were appearing in the web version, but not in desktop version), so I restarted the computer, following instructions from Evernote Help itself, and then the desktop app never opened again, showing this very same message of unexpected token. I also tryed to reinstall it twice, and both times after installing is complete that message poped up.

Thanks,

Ibirá

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

the issue was solved with these steps:

1. In the new Evernote for Windows, select File > Sign Out
  2. Select File > Quit Evernote
  3. Open File Explorer (aka Windows Explorer)
  4. Paste %appdata% into the address bar and press Enter
  5. Delete the folder "Evernote"
  6. Launch Evernote again and sign in.

I hope it works for you as it worked for me

regards

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

i run into the same situation when I tried to upgrade to Evernote Windows version 10.4.4. The Configuration File Error message came out during the installation process. The Evernote I have been using for many years could not be used.. I then uninstalled the non-operational Evernote and tried to install different versions of Evernote like 10.3, 10.2 10.1. The end result is still the same. Please help.

Regards, Edward Lau 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:34, Elau dijo:

i run into the same situation when I tried to upgrade to Evernote Windows version 10.4.4. The Configuration File Error message came out during the installation process. The Evernote I have been using for many years could not be used.. I then uninstalled the non-operational Evernote and tried to install different versions of Evernote like 10.3, 10.2 10.1. The end result is still the same. Please help.

Regards, Edward Lau 

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the solution suggested by Gonzalo Cordoba except of course the points '1.' and '2.', being unable to access the program due to the error in question.
Duque I followed points from '3.' to '6.' Then I installed the latest version of the Evernote client.
Conclusion: ALL SOLVED!

Marcello

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 6:31 AM, Shane D. said:

@Gonzalo Cordova Thank you for reaching out and for letting me know!

To clarify, when do you receive this error message? Is it as soon as you try to install the App?

Or, are you able to install it, but then as soon as you open Evernote, you get this error message?

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

This problem abruptly happened while I have been using without any problem. I tried to do solutions advised in web, but ended in vain.

I can not use Evernote in desktop now.