Search bar missing on the windows 10 desktop version

Hi,

I just installed Evernote desktop on a new Windows 10 laptop, and I'm freaking out. I use the search bar very often and it's not showing up in the note list view. I don't like the sidebar when I'm working. I had it installed on my previous Windows 10 laptop and it was fine there. Not sure where it has disappeared to.

The search bar is on the side bar only, and to get to the tags I now need to click filter and then type in the tag I want to filter by. In my other Windows 10 laptop it works great. There's a search bar and the tags I'm searching for show up right there as well.

Adding the two screenshots.

Thank you so much for this help! I feel like I'll not be able to use my new laptop if I don't fix this, evernote is my lifeline. I'd love to have the version with the search bar and tags right there please. And the tags showing up at the top of the note.

Also, the sync button has disappeared in my new laptop's version. It's very weird, how do we do basic functionality like sync and search?

Dee

New.png

OldLaptop.png

In the new version the search bar is no longer at the top of the note list. If you prefer the sidebar minimised (I do as well) you need to either click the magnifying glass search icon to pop out the search bar or, provided the focus is on a note in the note list, you can use the shortcut alt-ctrl-F.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:44 AM, Mike P said:

In the new version the search bar is no longer at the top of the note list. If you prefer the sidebar minimised (I do as well) you need to either click the magnifying glass search icon to pop out the search bar or, provided the focus is on a note in the note list, you can use the shortcut alt-ctrl-F.

What about the sync button? Can't find that on my new Evernote. I use it often as I'm leaving my desk if a new note hasn't synced yet.

Thank you Mike P, the link doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not able to use the new evernote because the search has many extra clicks and every time I want to modify the search I need to type the whole thing again. I hope they fix this, or at least let me use the old version indefinitely, because I use evernote a million times a day and I need the search to be rock solid and easy to use.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, raleign said:

Thank you Mike P, the link doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not able to use the new evernote because the search has many extra clicks and every time I want to modify the search I need to type the whole thing again. I hope they fix this, or at least let me use the old version indefinitely, because I use evernote a million times a day and I need the search to be rock solid and easy to use.

I don't know why the link isn't working anymore. You can go over ot the reuests forum and search.

I'm surprised that you find that you cannot modify your search without typing it all out again. That's not been my experience. You do need to remember that "filters" are added as blue lozenges above the search result so can be deleted from there, or if you want to delete tham all you can do so from below the search box. 

image.png.92681c44ea495b3c87d5a5e5c91a588d.png

image.png.6228337a99b792b3698d459530da257e.png

The issue I do have is that there is no way to refresh the search. In the legacy client that happens automatically. ie if you change a note within the search results so that it no longer meets the search criteria it disappears. That doesn't happen now and there is no way of refreshing the search results unless it is a saved search where you can just run it again.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Evernote Expert
18 hours ago, russ1234 said:

does evernote allow us to down loan the old version?

Yes, for now you can use the legacy version of Evernote. The method is detailed in loads of places. Search for Evernote legacy. I don't have the link to hand at the moment.