Scanner and Outlook Clipper work ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's very little information available from Evernote - everything I have is from various posts in these forums... the Outlook Clipper seems to be dead - it won't be supported in future.  There are some options - forwarding email to your account email address / copy & paste and (for webmail) the browser clipper.

Scansnap is 'not supported' (according to Evernote) but it should be possible to continue to scan like any other scanner.  Best advice is to avoid updating until there's more information,  or to install the 'legacy' Evernote app alongside the new v10 so that you still have access to existing features. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Faisal Malallah said:

Does ScanSnap scanner work with version 10? meaning will it scan directly into Evernote?

I'm looking for that answer as well.

6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

but it should be possible to continue to scan like any other scanner. 

Does that mean a direct scan into Evernote, or through some additional cloud path?  The last thing I want is pdf scans going through another cloud service before they get to Evernote.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, s2sailor said:

Does that mean a direct scan into Evernote, or through some additional cloud path?  The last thing I want is pdf scans going through another cloud service before they get to Evernote.

To be honest I have no clue. But it's possible to:

1. Stick with the pre-v10 app (6.25.1 in Windows) and enjoy the current features
  2. Upgrade to v10 and deal with the suck.
  3. (RE)Install the 'legacy' version which co-exists,  and switch to whichever one works,  depending on your need.

Your choice....

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  There's very little information available from Evernote - everything I have is from various posts in these forums... the Outlook Clipper seems to be dead - it won't be supported in future.  There are some options - forwarding email to your account email address / copy & paste and (for webmail) the browser clipper.

Scansnap is 'not supported' (according to Evernote) but it should be possible to continue to scan like any other scanner.  Best advice is to avoid updating until there's more information,  or to install the 'legacy' Evernote app alongside the new v10 so that you still have access to existing features. 

Outlook clipper is a critical part of my workflow and GTD system. 

Scanning to Evernote directly with scansnap is another critical aspect of my paperless approach. Now I have to scan to a file outside Evernote and then manually copy paste to Evernote?

One got to wonder how do you take something so great, works so well, feature-full, and decide to throw all that away into an inferior product just so that we "unify the codebase"!! What differentiate Evernote now from all other competitors? Even the tagging system that was the highlight of Evernote, was gutted down!!!

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I don't use Outlook, so I don't know, but an Evernote staffer did post in one of the forums about "Evernote for Outlook." I don't know if that has the same functions or not. Info here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997.

That's the big boy version of Outlook-in-the-cloud that you pay for - I use the old cheap "installed in 2013" local version that (previously) was natively supported by Evernote.  Losing the clipper is an issue.

• Like 1