Note Synch Issues: Invalid password

Currently using Evernote premium
via Windows desktop

Past 2 days havent been able to snch my notes ...
Get prompted for account password but it wont accept what I enter

Anyone know what problem is?

Activity log is

10:00:49 [INFO   ] [10720] [2432] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:00:49 [ERROR  ] [10720] [2432] * error: Invalid username and/or password
10:00:49 [INFO   ] [10720] [2432] * elapsed time: 6s
10:03:48 [INFO   ] [10720] [12012] Client synchronization started
10:07:46 [INFO   ] [10720] [10692] 0% Authenticating user ".............."
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [10692] 0% Missing password
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [10692] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=INVALID_AUTH parameter="local: authTokenProvider.ensureAuthentication (NoteStoreClient)"
10:07:46 [INFO   ] [10720] [12012] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [12012] * error: Invalid username and/or password

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I'm going to guess it has something to do with -

10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [12012] * error: Invalid username and/or password

- have you tried using the 'forgotten password' option at Evernote.com just to verify that you're remembering it correctly?

• Ex Employees
On 10/4/2020 at 4:10 AM, sleepy0004 said:

Currently using Evernote premium
via Windows desktop

Past 2 days havent been able to snch my notes ...
Get prompted for account password but it wont accept what I enter

Anyone know what problem is?

Activity log is

10:00:49 [INFO   ] [10720] [2432] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:00:49 [ERROR  ] [10720] [2432] * error: Invalid username and/or password
10:00:49 [INFO   ] [10720] [2432] * elapsed time: 6s
10:03:48 [INFO   ] [10720] [12012] Client synchronization started
10:07:46 [INFO   ] [10720] [10692] 0% Authenticating user ".............."
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [10692] 0% Missing password
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [10692] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=INVALID_AUTH parameter="local: authTokenProvider.ensureAuthentication (NoteStoreClient)"
10:07:46 [INFO   ] [10720] [12012] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:07:46 [ERROR  ] [10720] [12012] * error: Invalid username and/or password

Thank you for this report. To fix this, please dismiss the in-app password prompt, and select File > Sign out and sign back in from the sign-in window. 

Let me know if the sync issue continues after logging back in. Thanks,

I always sign out, before closing evernote. Yesterday after some time Evernote managed to sign in and after that kept working. This morning failed again, but eventualy sign in after sometime.

Tested right now to sign out and sign in, but it keeps failing.

"10:43:06 [ERROR  ] [10992] [14304] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 429, error: OK
10:43:06 [ERROR  ] [10992] [14304] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=INVALID_AUTH parameter="local: authTokenProvider.ensureAuthentication (NoteStoreClient)"
10:43:06 [INFO   ] [10992] [14268] Client synchronization finished, status: failed"

I'm hoping that after sometime it manages to sync again.

I'm having the same problem on a PC that I use every workday, and which has never had an issue before today. I also Sign Out when shutting down each day. I changed my password this morning after this started happening, and can get into my iPhone with the new password after Signing Out, but not via my PC. It will be VERY difficult to do my work (remotely) if I cannot sync and access all Notes in my Premium Evernote.

Hello,

I also have the same problem. I have the latest ver of Evernote (desktop ver) for win 10 but after I login fine, it would start to sync automatically & then keeps asking for passwd multiple times. The strange thing is I do not have any issues logging into the web ver & android ver. The sync problem is only with the WINDOWS 10 desktop ver.

I have even removed & re-installed EV but still no luck.  Any ideas how to fix it ? Pls see the attached screen shots.

EV-LATEST-VER.jpg

EV-PASSWD.jpg

I had thought that this affected my logon, and in a way it did. But after changing my login Password, I couldn't get into my work Windows 10 PC. HOWEVER, I finally tried my OLD password, which let me into the database. At that point neither old nor new password would allow it to Sync... I had the same problem as GM-1 did, above. 

So, when I get messages that say it cannot access the Evernote Server, I guess that may be correct.... it won't Sync because my Windows 10 PC cannot communicate with the Evernote Server (which my iPhone and my Samsung android tablet also can do, successfully). Thus, the password that I changed via a browser on a different PC didn't get sent to my work's Windows 10 PC.

7 minutes ago, Austin G said:

Thank you for these reports, and verifying that logging out and back in does not fix this issue. We're looking into this now. I will reply here with an update shortly. 

pls note that I even tried changing the passwd to a new one. After that desktop ver of EN does not accept either the old passwd OR the new one but the web ver & android ver does accept the new passwd .

so definitely there is some issue with the desktop ver.

23 minutes ago, Austin G said:

Thank you for these reports, and verifying that logging out and back in does not fix this issue. We're looking into this now. I will reply here with an update shortly. 

Thanks for your help, Austin.  Having the exact same problem. 

1) I am able to log in successfully, but haven't been able to sync due to user name/password error yesterday or today. 

2) I can log in and sync properly using the same user name and password on the web portal, an IOS device and also on a different Windows computer.

3) Signing out and in does not help.  

4) NOTE - the problem is with is an Evernote for Business account.  I am able to access and sync my personal Evernote without a problem using the same computer that can't sync my business account .

I just started having the same issue.  I can log in via the website and on my iphone and everything syncs just fine from there.  But I cannot, for the past two weeks, get the app on my PC to sync.  I can log in but it then tells me in order to sync I need to enter a correct password.  The first time it happened I thought that I forgot my PW so I did the "forgot password".  But it still doesn't work correctly.  Has anyone discovered a solution yet?  Thanks.  

Same over here already for days on both PC and laptop. I reinstalled Evernote, as suggested and still I have the same problem. 

Very frustrating, the web is no solutions because the tables are badly configured on that platform. 

So many problems with Evernote and never giving anything exciting. I have 25.000 notes. It´s a pain in the neck under  Ian Small. How long do we still need to wait???? He has kept us busy with the whole change of system. Now that is finally done, I was hoping on some real features but no. Now we still depend from our Lord asking patience for already days we cannot sync. 

Simply sucks to say the least. 

On 10/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, elbarquitodiet@gmail.com said:

Hola! Estoy con el mismo problema hace unos días. No puedo sincronizar desde la app en windows. No es un tema de la pc porque me genera el error desde 2 computadoras distintas. Les agradecería si me pueden ayudar a solucionar el inconveniente.
Saludos!

Me sucede lo mismo desde Windows. El botón de sincronización aparece con un signo de interrogación rojo y cuando lo presiono salta una ventana pidiéndome la contraseña.

Yesterday, after the test of sign out and sign in, it took a long time to sign in again (several password requests), after finally sign in it stayed sign in without problems all day long.

Today it sign in right away without any issues.

12 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to look into this issue.
In the meantime please use Evernote Web to access your notes: https://www.evernote.com/client/web 

Austin,

The problem is resolved for me now. The sync is working fine on my EN desktop ver. Thanks for your help .Since so many people are facing the same issue again & again, it needs a permanent fix. 

Nothing is working with me. I even deleted my al 30.000 note exb file of 80gb to reinstall from scratch but that also is not working. Now left with a total blank windows evernote. Frustrating, already for days and nobody is helping out, already several requests get all the confirmations and then at the end get survey of how I found the service but nobody helped me out. Already wrote personal mail to Ian but also no reply. I am desperate. Chat is also no longer working. Terrible and that after maybe 15 years with evernote. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, pansovic said:

In the image what do I fill in? My password or my Google Authenticator code for Evernote? It should be the code but neither the code nor password is working. I still get the red exclamation error. 

Hi. There's another thread here somewhere about issues with Google logins.  If you have an original Evernote password,  try logging out and back in with that.  If you don't remember the Evernote version of your password,  you could try the 'forgotten password' link at Evernote.com.  You may have to bear with Evernote support - the company is releasing new versions which inevitably throws up lots of users queries. They're probably a bit overwhelmed.

Sir, the problem is not the password. The problem is evernote. Now finally received the latest update and all is working but now we are having a bunch of issues with tables. A lot of adjustments still needs to be done on the latest version. I keep sending feedback. hope it will be solved soon. It´s a frustrating experience lately. 

• Like 2