How much space for basic acct?

• Level 5

You get as many space as you have on the server. If you build it for a longer time, it can be a real chunk of notes, as well when you are on a paid plan.

The limitation is not about space on the server (as other cloud services do), but it limits your upload, and indirectly your download as well.

With the Basic planning, your upload is limited to 60MB, the size of a single note to 25MB.

Part of it are downloads, if you modify them. Because first it downloads the note (for free), but then it uploads the change, which means the note is counted as upload. If you don't change it, it is not counted.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick response.. Will it be a problem If I ask more questions in the near future as I'm
re-organizing, condensing & deleting many Notes. 

I don't use all of EN's options but they way I do use it, it's superb & many of my colleagues agree.  It's very simple but it works.

Regards,

klxdrt

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

Will it be a problem If I ask more questions in the near future as I'm
re-organizing, condensing & deleting many Notes.

These forums are a good place to ask such questions
If non-device/platform specific, use the General Discussions area
There's also a Organization forum

DTLow,

Thanks for the good information links.  I'm in the process of compiling info, links about EN to learn more about what is going on & available.

I'm just a simple non tech ret business mgr who was brought up to use the K.I.S.S. principle.

Regards,

klxdrt

• Level 5

Because there are no more options, it usually is pretty simple to decide on what I need:

• Privat use, low data volume, no need for Premium functions, or using EN because somebody else shared a notebook to me = Basic
  • Professional use, higher volume of data, need for Premium functions = Premium
    The "Plus" account is vintage, not available for new users
  • Use for a group of people in an organisation, with control over the flow and use of data = Business

Pragmatically start with basic, and upgrade, or subscribe to Premium for month or two, and look if you like it. Business is special, because it means an organisational change process. Probably a good consultant can help to implement it fast and without hiccups.

Pink Elephant,

Thanks for you well put info on EN plans. I use EN to RESEARCH, manage, track: Health & life ins, Medicare, mortgage, borrowing, finance selection & control, interests such as audiophile music systems,  long dist 100mi bike with all Italian custom bike, plus folding bike, lg garage work shop w metal mill, lathe & scores of other power & hand tools. Then we moved to NJ to be near our grandchildren & all hell broke loose as the web was great for fluff but really fell down when trying to deal with the US & ST govt, realtors, Internet providers, homes, taxes, banks. NJ was a mess in all respects.  We accumulated between 6-8 TB of data, mostly important.

For example I've been using the EN free ver since 2009 when my data load was between 4-5  GB. Now my data load is close to 10 gb. I have a new Asus gaming Laptop with a 259 ssd, 16 GB ram, 1TB HD and I'm doing fine with EN basic.  It takes about 36-52 sec to screen capture an Image or txt off a website, annonatate it it & drop it in an email then store it in EN for followup. Of course I have modified W 10 & EN so I can use the K.I.S.S. method. You learn a lot of good stuff on your way to 81.

I'm in the process of triming everything down esp EN so I can backup to 256 gb sd card in the laptop.

Regards,

klxdrt

• Level 5

Hi and thanks for explaining your use case.

Maybe a paid plan would help to organize things, for example with the OCR capability.

If Internet is bad, one of the desktop clients helps a lot, because it runs locally if needed.

One word about using SD-cards: I warn against it. SD cards were basically created for use with cameras. They are not really good to be used as a backup media for a computer. There is a relevant risk of loosing data.

The internet is full of photographers who lost important pics because their cards crashed. I run a Raspberry Pi microcomputer; we all keep an image of our SD cards to be able to set it up again quickly when the next SD crashes. There is rarely a chance to recover any data from a crashed SD.

It is better to use a HDD (2.5“ with 3 TB can be below 100€/$) or SSD (more expensive, faster). Even better is a NAS personal server. Or buy a backup plan, for example for 5€/$ per month from Backblaze. There is no GB limit, the price is for 1 computer each. 

Pink Elephant

Thanks for the tip.  I used a 256 GB SD for monthly BU and then had a problem. Used this prog to 'fix it'  h2testw_1.4.
h2testw_1.4.
Found SD was faked suggested long format.  Lost space recovered.  Haven't us SD yet as I'm very busy.

Regards,

klxdert

• Level 5

It is known there are SD cards, but as well USB sticks that appear far larger than they are. Simply faked - there is one value in the controller, that if put to a wrong value will make the device appear much larger than it is. Do this plus a new label, and nobody not using special equipment will be able to detect the fake.

Writing then happens in a loop, new data will overwrite the old one, so if you rely on it, a good part of your data will be lost. It is simply fraud.

What I meant is something else: Legitimate SD cards have a certain tendency to get corrupted one day. I regard SD cards as the least secure storage for data, maybe because they have the weakest controller chips. Not much space on this little cards, not much power going into it. Next on the scale are USB sticks, which are better but as well not really good. They have a tendency to overheat at high writing speeds, which will then slow them down to a crawl.

The most secure storage devices are HDDs (turning disk), which may fail when dropped, and SSDs (solid state) that contain similar flash memory cells as SD and sticks, but run on much better controller units. They are shock resistant, many are even waterproof and will protect your data for a long time. They can be written again and again, for an occasional backup practically without a limit.

Pink,

You have been especially helpful to me & I appreciate it. Below is how I've used SC cards. 
If you know of any sites that sell up-to-date products similar to what I mentioned below, please advise.

I have a new Asus gaming laptop w/sd card slot & would like to find a SSD card that fits that slot 128 GB would be fine.
An SD card in that slot takes up no room and I BU that SD card to a USB HD regularly.  I've got backups on DVD's USB HD's
Iomega zip disks. 1.2 & 360 floppies going back almost 40 yr.  The early ones I saved in CSV so I can use the data today.

Regards,

klxdrt

Edited by klxdrt
  • Level 5

Thanks for the 💐 

There is no SSD card - the flash memory is (basically) the same like in an SD card.

But the protocol used to transfer data is different, and the SSD has much better controller chips. This makes it in itself faster, and more reliable. But it needs more space, and more energy (supplied under the USB 3 protocol). Because it is larger, and often packed in an aluminum housing, it can tolerate more heat coming from the operation.

Sorry, no compromise, because this is physics. I use a Transcend Portable SSD with 480 GB on my iPad Pro and a SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable with 2TB on my MacBookPro. Both are small and fast.