Widget Support

Jeremy England

Idea

4 replies to this idea

@Shane D., the Drafts app is an inspiration. I have a button for a quick voice draft, typed draft, a shortcut to my inbox, and a shortcut to a specific workspace. I have attached a quick little video to show you how I currently have it set up. 

I think I would use it for quick capture (kind of like the menu bar app on Mac), quick scan, jump to my inbox, a specific saved search or notebook. It may be nice to see a reminders widget for upcoming reminders. 

These are just some off the top of my head that I know I would use for sure. 

• Like 1

Oh yes, let's dream with having all the new iOS 14 Widget capabilities in mind! 🙂 There are so many options!

What I would like to have: Quick capture (Text, Audio, Reminder ...). That could be a small Widget.

For a bigger widget: Display notes. If I understood the widget feature correctly, this could even be customized. Like filtering for a saved search, a favorite etc., depending on the selection.

As an addition: upcoming and overdue reminders. Then I could get rid of my Cronify integration (which works great, but it still a workaround from my pov).

For all widgets I would love to have some quick capture buttons right besides it - maybe a note can be created without opening EN in the front.