passworded PDFs no longer open in iPhone

markeh
Go to solution Solved by markeh,

Idea

Password protected PDFs will no longer open on my iphone (iPhone 8, OS 13.6.1, Evernote 10.0)

Unpassworded PDFs will open. Password protected plain text works (Evernote asks for the password like before)

Passworded PDFs just stall - don't ask for the password, so don't open. Hit "DONE" and get back one level, but can't open PDF.

Used to display PDF after asking for password.

Seems like a bug to me.....

Any suggestions??

thx,

5 replies to this idea

• Solution

Here is response from Evernote support:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support. I'm XXXX, and I'd be assisting you today.

I understand that encrypted PDFs no longer works after the update of Evernote for iOS.

First, I would like to apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of tickets than usual and we hope to be getting back to faster reply times soon.

I can confirm that password-protected PDF files are not yet supported in the new Evernote for iOS, but it's on our roadmap.

While I do not have a definitive time frame for the fix, please make sure your Evernote application has automatic updates enabled so that you are able to download the update as soon as its available.

Thank you for your time and utmost understanding

========= here is my response  =========

Removing an important function/capability isn’t an “upgrade” – it’s a bug. Plus I doubt you intentionally left it out – just wasn’t included in your regression testing.

If it was intentional, you should have documented this so I could decide if the new features overcome the new bug. Which they don’t.

So how to I revert to the older release on my iPhone until you fix your bugs??

• Like 1