Original or copy

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, asolepascual said:

I usually save a lot of PDF files in Evernote and wanted to know if people save PDF files in Evernote and also on hard drive or in one place is enough.

My PDFs  are stored in Evernote - I don't need another copy

• 2 hours ago, asolepascual said:

Do you make backup of your Notebooks and notes? I think that save the PDFs on another hard drive could be useful in case of issue.

Yes, I backup my notes with html export; daily incremental and weekly full   
    Also the database is backed up with Mac Time Machine

• Like 2
  • Level 5

+1 for

• only one copy in EN
  • regular local backups of the EN data base (only possible with one of the desktop clients)
  • The second copy is automatically stored by EN on the EN server („in the cloud“ = somewhere else)

This completely fulfills the 3-2-1-rule for Backups: 3 copies, 2 on different media, 1 in a remote location. The EN note history is an additional goodie: It allows to go back in time to older versions, as long as the note still exists (and be it in the trash).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, asolepascual said:

Thanks for answer.

Do you make backup of your Notebooks and notes? I think that save the PDFs on another hard drive could be useful in case of issue.

Yup.  Nightly backups by notebook.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Mine go to my NAS storage. From my Windows desktop using Acronis True Image, copying the EN database each day, and from my Mac using the TimeMachine feature, I do not make ENEX/HTML Backups, because I think it is not necessary when the database file is copied and can be copied back in case of a data loss. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, asolepascual said:

And how do you backup EN? Do you export a certain file or do you select all the notes one by one?

Evernote has an automatic note version backup running on the servers in the cloud
More information at How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

Evernote (Windows/Mac) has an export feature; it processes whatever notes are selected  
- For a weekly full backup, I select all notes
- For daily incremental, I select changed notes (based on date updated)   
There are two options; .enex and .html (I use html format)     
My backups run on a Mac, automated by an Applescript to run each morning at 7am
More information at  How-to-export-content-from-Evernote     

A raw database backup saves the entire database folder/file     
More information at How-to-back-up-and-restore-your-data-in-Evernote-for-Windows    
My backups run on a Mac, automated by the Time Machine process to run each hour (incremental)

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, asolepascual said:

Thank you all for answering.
And how do you backup EN? Do you export a certain file or do you select all the notes one by one?

Happy Sunday.

I use a tool called Backupery which exports all notes by notebook every morning at 1 AM.  The backups cycle every seven days.

Hi there! Can anyone confirm the truth of the following statement?

An ENEX file created on Windows machine can be copied to a Mac machine and imported to the Mac's Evernote desktop application.

I'm assuming that, since ENEX is an XML file structure, it should work.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Anklebuster said:

I'm assuming that, since ENEX is an XML file structure, it should work.

This would also be my assumption and In the past I've used .enex files cross platform