Image Viewer Doesn't Scroll & Dysfunctional Arrow Keys

Occasionally I add info-graphic images, or entire-full screen screen-captures of websites, so not just the visible part of a website that's displayed, but a screen-shot of the entire scroll-able length of a website.

Normally, i will add them to a note as full screen, or perhaps grab a corner and resize it down a little... but then I thought why not just shrink/re-size them right down and should I later wish to view it, I could just double click on an image to view in the EN image viewer...sounds reasonable.

Now the issue I'm having, is that on 1st entering the image viewer screen, EN resizes the image so the whole thing is viewable on screen.  BUT--- when I zoom in on the image I'm left with no way to scroll up or down...!?  And my keyboards 'vertical' and 'horizontal' arrow keys only cause the image viewer to move to the next image... plus I could find no way on my mouse to allow me to scroll these large images.

Does anybody know how to scroll large long-form images in the EN image viewer??? 

All this make me suspect this is why the EN-web-clipper only allows a visible-part-of-screen screen capture.

Attached below is the image I just added which caused me to raise this question to you all...cheers

PS I'm on EN-for-Windows v6.25.1  (which I love)

ex-en-scrolling-imageviewer.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Where I'm showing multiple large images in a note I generally use a table to constrain the display to visible window width.  Evernote automatically reduces the visible image size to fit each cell.  Then,  if I click on one image I get a 'gallery' view where I can scroll through each of my large images.  That doesn't give me an individually scrollable image though - just a way to choose one picture from a set.  To do more I'd have to open the file to annotate it or use an external viewer.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

or use an external viewer.

Yes that's really the only workable solution, or just keep the image full size in the note, rather than constraining its size (inside or out of a table).  Just strange the EN-Image Viewer/Galary View allows me to zoom in on these large images but does not allow to see the parts out of the viewable screen.  sera sera

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, RavBoy said:

Yes that's really the only workable solution, or just keep the image full size in the note, rather than constraining its size (inside or out of a table).  Just strange the EN-Image Viewer/Galary View allows me to zoom in on these large images but does not allow to see the parts out of the viewable screen.  sera sera

I may not be getting it but assuming you are double clicking the image to open the viewer have you tried clicking/holding on the image using the left mouse button and dragging the image up/down and all around?  Typical windows drag action.  Quick video added, I had to resize the image is why it is blurry.

1 hour ago, CalS said:

clicking/holding on the image using the left mouse button and dragging the image up/down and all around?

Jesus Mary & Joseph.... sometimes, sometime those small bloody things.  Thanks @CalS  that did the trick, and works perfect....God, just hold the left mouse button...walking away in shame now 😉

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*

One of the good things about the “Standard” Windows interface over the years Is we get used to certain actions having certain results. Not always, but worth a shot anyway.  Head up!  😊

• Like 1