scanned multiple pages converted to multiple generated files

• Level 5*

I have an old-fashioned S1500 which handles the one-page / all pages switch on local ScanSnap Manager software.  If you're temporarily stuck with a multi-page PDF however,  I believe that NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2) does a pretty good job (Windows) of splitting multis into single pages... https://www.naps2.com

Just drag the PDF into the window and split pages off visually.

• Level 5

The secret of ScanSnap Home lies in the profiles.

You probably have to create a new profile to set this up. Since my Mac is down for the night , I can’t look it up at the moment.

What I remember is that when setting the scan format to JPG, you always get individual pages, because the JPG format does not support multipage. If you can set it up the same way with pdf as target format I am not sure. Just look through the options in the settings tabs when you have created the new profile.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Just checked in my ScanSnapHome.

Open it, go to edit profiles, or create a new one. You get this window. Click on the "Options" behind file format, which "pdf" selected:

image.thumb.png.0bd6736cd474c9bc4020b87bfd148b81.png

The next window opens. It has 2 options. The first one will put all scanned pages into one pdf file. The second one will create a new file every x pages. If you choose "1", it will create a new pdf from each page scanned. If you choose JPEG as file format, the "Option"box is greyed out because it will always create a new file for each page.

image.thumb.png.8703aec02d1527a3f775716ec03eb5ea.png

With an ix1500 you can switch between a multi-page and a single-page profile very easily.

• Level 5*

Using a ScanSnap s1300i you can create a Profile to this.  I created a profile named Separate for just this purpose.  The setting is under File Options - Option in ScanSnap manager, for the s1300i in any case.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.a2c0f6226d958b1039e87e8e1374ebeb.png

• Level 5

Since Catalina ScanSnapManager was not available for Macs any more. Stuck with ScanSnap Home ...

Now a first 64Bit version of ScanSnap Manager is back. But is is lacking the function to connect with cloud services like EN, so still with SSH until a next release brings back cloud services.

• Level 5

When I upgraded to Catalina in November 19, all 32bit apps went offline. Catalina only allows 64Bit to run. That was announced by Apple since a long time.

So I switched from ScanSnapManager (which was only available with 32bit) to ScanSnap Home. Fujitsu has declared (sort of) not to develop a 64Bit version, or simply were surprised that Apple did what they had announced.

A few weeks ago Fujitsu now released the first 64Bit ScanSnap Manager for Mac. Since it had no upload to cloud services I skipped it.

With ScanSnap Home the secret lies in the Profiles. Many settings can only be applied by creating or changing a scan profile. Once I understood this, it was good sailing.

• Thanks 1

many thanks to everybody.  it's really easy to understand when accompanied by infographics and comparison between inputs with others too.  if only the Evernote support will do this style in help menu, like me can easily navigate than purely imagination/guessing and hit or miss scenario.  again  thanks to everybody and for sure others who have problem like this will for sure have an answer already taken from this thread.  thumbs up to community helpers.  5-stars.

• Like 3