Evernote created 200 duplicate notes. Why? How to bulk delete?

Evernote Web (v6.17.0 on Chrome) created approx. 200 duplicate notes. (I'm not 100% sure they're duplicates. They may represent the last 200 changes I made.) Is there a setting somewhere that saves a new note copy every time a change is made? Is there some way I can select all of these at once and delete them? I only have an iPhone, iPad, and several Linux machines, so I can't use the Windows or Mac app to do this.

Please help! It's taking forever to drag individual files to the trash!

Follow-up to this question: I have 4000+ duplicates, all in  notebook and no other note. I cannot delete the notebook. The delete command is weak, ie not clickable. I'm using Windows desktop. Curiously, this notebook does not show up via Evernote Website. Also, I have a red exclamation mark over the sync symbol now.

18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have you tried to go to the classic editor yet ?

Do the duplicates persist ?

With 200 duplicates, it's pretty hard to tell if it continues to duplicate. Now, if someone could advise me on a quicker, simpler way to delete all these dupes, I could get rid of them all and then monitor to see if the problem persists with the classic editor.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, boohound said:

Follow-up to this question: I have 4000+ duplicates, all in  notebook and no other note. I cannot delete the notebook. The delete command is weak, ie not clickable. I'm using Windows desktop. Curiously, this notebook does not show up via Evernote Website. Also, I have a red exclamation mark over the sync symbol now.

Your issue is not related to this thread - please post again as a new item.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, donnybahama said:

Now, if someone could advise me on a quicker, simpler way to delete all these dupes

Sadly (AFAIK) you need a desktop app - therefore Windows or Mac - to bulk delete.  Also beware that your 'duplicates' may be subtly different version of the note - you may be losing history if you find a way to bulk nuke them.  I'd suggest contacting Support to see if they can offer any options...

• Level 5
On 8/11/2020 at 12:38 AM, donnybahama said:

Evernote Web (v6.17.0 on Chrome) created approx. 200 duplicate notes. (I'm not 100% sure they're duplicates. They may represent the last 200 changes I made.) Is there a setting somewhere that saves a new note copy every time a change is made? Is there some way I can select all of these at once and delete them? I only have an iPhone, iPad, and several Linux machines, so I can't use the Windows or Mac app to do this.

Please help! It's taking forever to drag individual files to the trash!

There is an existing discussion of this problem in the thread linked below; see especially the reply of an Evernote staffer at the end.

• Thanks 1