Evernote auto start up when user login

jianfa.tsai

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You can add EN like any other program into the autostart objects. This will start it when starting the computer or logging into your PC account.

However, because on starting EN a sync will take place, this can slow down things when starting. IMHO it is better to start EN manually, to decrease workload while starting up.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

Why not an option in Windows Evernote app > Options settings > user select checkbox so Evernote auto launch when laptop start up or user log in. Please implement? 

You mean like this?

image.png.8b408001f08c42ad4a3fa62edd334e09.png

As @PinkElephant says, there are other ways to do it yourself. The option above effectively does that...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 4/21/2020 at 10:24 PM, jianfa.tsai said:

Why not an option in Windows Evernote app > Options settings > user select checkbox so Evernote auto launch when laptop start up or user log in. Please implement? 

It does. In the direct download version. This option is not enabled in the Windows Store version as we (when I was there) never figured out how to do that (and then, when an article was published a few years later, never had the time to implement it).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dcon said:

It does. In the direct download version. This option is not enabled in the Windows Store version as we (when I was there) never figured out how to do that (and then, when an article was published a few years later, never had the time to implement it).

thanks dcon

I'll probably forget EN exists next year, the only program I've loved dearly for years (started in 2012) but these last two years have been consistently disapointed by totally useless downgrades giving less and less users customization, even deleting options that worked perfectly fine. Maybe to appeal to Mac users? I tried the last update and I'll get back to the great 6.25 (which needed more customization) but I'll have to stop it as there's bound to be security issues. I don't mind being too stupid to understand these changes. 

• Level 5

If you are posting in the subforum for EN Windows 6.25 and below (legacy version), other forum users assume you really mean these versions, and answer accordingly.

To see what is in the picture you need to check in the legacy client. It has plenty of settings, maybe too many.

If on v10, this will not really help you.