what do u think of a single click integrated move note & close window button?

jianfa.tsai

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, jianfa.tsai said:

what are the pros and cons?

What do *you* think the pros and cons are?

What window would be closed? Are you talking about when you have a note open in a separate window? If so, this would not gain mush, since closing a window is so easy.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, jianfa.tsai said:

would a normal human prefer getting 1. $1,000 with 100% ease or 2. $1,000 with 200% ease?

That''s a pretty silly comparison. It doesn't seem like a big user win to me. But if you want to send me $1000, I'll upvote it.

5 minutes ago, jefito said:

That''s a pretty silly comparison. It doesn't seem like a big user win to me. But if you want to send me $1000, I'll upvote it.

all new things are silly, iPad was a female hygiene products as like the evolution from barter trading to cash then to cryptocurrencies. :)

What do u reckon the number of times (touchpoints) "move note to notebook" & "close window" are pressed by the average Evernote premium user per day  (so instead of 2 buttons - u cut that time by 50% by pressing one button) multiplied by the lifespan of e.g. 60 years age 20 to age 80 of a user - which varies, implemented over the number of Evernote users (both free, premium & business) over the lifespan of Evernote company + the qualitative factor of bringing this proposed integrative button to other software company's products which may last over the lifespan of technology for another 100 years to millennia or of course will not come to fruition in our lifetime with 50% chance of appearing in the future mysteriously in this app, other app or in other countries. Just like most things in life. :)

Now if the average worker have an extra 15 mins of time from the implementation of this insight, and the 15 mins of workers time = $4 (varies), nobody hires a worker where boss makes losses, research shows boss profit at least twice of value from what he pay the worker so boss makes $8 while doing practically nothing from workers increased productivity, how much value over the lifespan of Evernote will this benefit the boss per touchpoint or per day? 

Above is simply a theory which may not please everyone unless there are some form of direct of indirect benefits to them preferably monetary. :) In debate, there are always red herrings which doesn't lead to objective scientific truth. 

I grew up from an abusive childhood now seeking to help society by sharing my insights as no new idea is born fully formed just like social media, the idea of smartphones, etc. In life there are bound to be mistakes made and even if those are mistakes, it may catalyst insights and throttle others to other frontiers of discovery to create products and services which benefit themselves monetary but also add value to society. Such is the power of entrepreneurship, such is the entrepreneur business owner of Evernote. 

God bless you all

I wish you and your family safe from Coronavirus

Amen

Regards,

Jianfa Ben Tsai - beta male

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jianfa.tsai said:

What do u reckon the number of times (touchpoints) "move note to notebook" & "close window" are pressed by the average Evernote premium user per day

No close window for me.  I use the notebook dropdown in the note header area. So, meh.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

What do u reckon the number of times (touchpoints) "move note to notebook" & "close window" are pressed by the average Evernote premium user per day

Since you ask, my guess would be "not a lot". I typically move notes around to other notebooks in the main window, where I can drag/drop if I want, or select from the note's Notebook dropdown, and in particular, do bulk moves via multi-select. Move to new notebook, followed by an immediate close window? Vanishingly rare, in my case. And if that ever happened to me: change notebook, and the window closed, I would think that that was really, really surprising and I doubt that I'd be alone. So then there's be a need to add a new Option for this, and all of the usual stuff that goes along with it, not including the fact that the Windows client will likely be taken over the new one sometime, so how much work do you want to put into making UI changes when you're going to be using a new framework anyways? I'm just not seeing it.

But that's just a guess, as is your fanciful calculation. If Evernote is collecting telemetry data on usage (can't remember if they are or not) they they might no better.

Look, I appreciate suggestions, and Evernote does, of course, but as a software developer myself, my instinct tells me that it would be very small bang for low buck, and something to prioritize down.Frankly, I can say that I've seen this request before, and I've been following the Evernote forums -- particularly the Windows requests -- for a long time.

I wish you and your family safe from Coronavirus

I can certainly agree with that. :) Take care, and don't let grouches like me stop you from making suggestions!

• Level 5*

The two "touchpoints" are not connected in my use

Every note is processed; Title, Notebook, Tags, ...

The Evernote window is opened and closed multiple times per day