Customizability

Husky Logic

Idea

This might already be a thing but I'd like the ability to put things side by side without the use of Tables. If I had a table that when one cell gets longer, the cell next to it also gets longer which is not something I'd like to do.  

A lot of my notes have wasted space on the right that I think could be used up instead of putting stuff underneath. 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Husky Logic said:

This might already be a thing but I'd like the ability to put things side by side without the use of Tables.

A valid request but we're using a product with an enml format (basically legacy html)
I suspect this limits the "side by side" functionality

• Level 5

En is basically working like a website of the old days. A flow of text and pictures, structured by basic HTML code.

Today it would be build out of containers that will be filled with content based on many factors, part of them dynamic (showing a different web site if called from a Mac than the one shown to an Android device). It would utterly complicate EN if this would be incorporated. So it is tables that will duplicate the „containers on a page“ Logic of modern Web design. It is the only way to place items other than one below the other.

This is really unacceptable.  No side by side?  Not even table inside table like html.

One small 2X2 (actually 3X3 with titles) table and the entire right side of the screen is unused.

with OneNote included in Windows10, I can move I can  small 3X3 tables side by side no issues.

Monitors got wider not taller in case EN missed the memo.