Sorting & Notebook Links

Pastor Wynn

Idea

Two features that I would like to request.

1. The ability to sort each notebook notes uniquely.
    Currently, if the sorting order is changed in one notebook, it changes for all notebooks.  My notebooks are not all the same.  Some need to be sorted alphabetically, some chronologically, some in other ways.

2. Add a "Copy Notebook Link"
   Currently, the individual notes have that feature, but I would like to have a main page that I open to in my "Daily" routine, and have Notebook Links on that page for quick access. It would also be good to be able to add a Notebook to the "Shortcuts" menu, which is not currently possible.

3. Add ability to add H-tags (H1, H2, H3, etc), with the ability to format those tags.
   It would permit the user to add styling to the otherwise plain notes

Thanks for a great app.  I use EN all day.  Been a Premium user since 2008.

Marty Wynn
Columbus, GA

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Pastor Wynn said:

features that I would like to request.

These are better addressed when posted as separate requests
Or search for posted requests and indicate your support using the vote button in the top left corner

>>1. The ability to sort each notebook notes uniquely.

There's a feature request posted at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/91519-feature-request-sort-by-per-notebook/    
The feature has already been implemented on the Windows platform

>> 2. Add a "Copy Notebook Link"

There's a request posted at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/100208-links-to-tags-notebooks-stacks-and-saved-searches/1036795585_ScreenShot2020-02-14at9_29_16PM.png.7f7a03976010be987782881ae2d689ae.png

>> It would also be good to be able to add a Notebook to the "Shortcuts" menu, which is not currently possible.

I have notebooks in Shortcuts

Screenshot is from my Mac

>>3. Add ability to add H-tags (H1, H2, H3, etc), with the ability to format those tags.209864091_ScreenShot2020-02-14at9_49_21PM.png.ba0a1f2ffb96fd55fb2c824ec3fede72.png

This feature is  currently being tested in a beta version. 

Thank you for your reply.  

Is there any update on the individual notebook sorting on the Mac?

I stand corrected on the Notebook shortcut.  I had tried to do it by right-clicking on the Notebook name in the sidebar.  That did not work.  Once I went to the "Notebooks" section, it worked.

Thank you also for the info on the H tags.

Again, thank you for your input.

Marty Wynn

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, Pastor Wynn said:

Is there any way to get a Notebook "Link" so that it can be pasted on a page like the current ability to do that with a note?

Notebook Links are not currently supported

As a work-around, I have coded search parameters in note text; for example       Current Tasks   notebook:aaaaaaaa   
This would then be copy/pasted into the search box

Another work-around is a note link pointing to a Table of Contents note

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Pastor Wynn said:

It would also be good to be able to add a Notebook to the "Shortcuts" menu, which is not currently possible.

You can add Notebooks or Stacks to the shortcut bar, Windows anyway.